A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Gauging interest in 2002 a8 2.8 quattro. hartlepool (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15186)

Bushido 26th August 2019 12:44 PM

Gauging interest in 2002 a8 2.8 quattro. hartlepool

Hi folks,
Following a house move I now have a car longer commute to work and so am contemplating moving across to a dirty diesel purely for financial reasons just now.
I bought the a8 from .Chris G on this forum almost a year ago. True to his word and description it has proved an almost faultless car. I sorted the stuck sunroof, replaced the mirror glass and petrol filler flap and then just detailed the car and enjoyed using it. Sailed through its mot with just advisories on the tyres and oil leak ( rocket covers which Chris had advised me about on purchase) car has eml light on and The Doctor suspects it will be oil leaking down towards the plugs.headlight aim light is on dash but they are perfectly aligned so suspect the motor needs looking at.
Currently on 146k miles. Believe 5 owners. I0+ months mot.
We buy any car would offer me £555 less them deducting for low tyres 🤣

Options are - Car goes as is with declared areas of repair needed and makes a cracking running project for an enthusiast

With the 20” FE alloys as are (7/10 condition) or refurbished separately

Package it all up together again and sell complete (on 18” with 20” as spares)

Sitting on A50 BUX which stays with the car.

Some paperwork but not a comprehensive service history.

Open to any genuine offers or a deal on the car as a package . I gave £1200 for it and have had almost a full years great use from it: not really interested in eBay etc. Would rather it went to a fellow enthusiast. Then I can accidentally rebuild the box in the s8 and swear to my partner I thought it was a diesel 🤣🤣🤣

Cheers Paul

Bushido 26th August 2019 12:45 PM

Sorry meant to add, I have a great and trusted mechanic that if somebody would rather buy with the oil leak sorted that can be arranged too. Thanks again 😎

tintin 26th August 2019 05:51 PM

So it's this car Paul? (saves you adding your own pics ;) )

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14433

Dezzy 26th August 2019 07:47 PM

Probably no one in that area willing to speak out tbh, I remember a couple of months ago asking if there was anything around as I was visiting for work, but nothing. Maybe try advertising somewhere the people are not so clickly.

Norretal 28th August 2019 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 152404)
Probably no one in that area willing to speak out tbh, I remember a couple of months ago asking if there was anything around as I was visiting for work, but nothing. Maybe try advertising somewhere the people are not so clickly.

Bit harsh that mind Dezzy, I remember you asking advice (on somewhere to eat, if I remember rightly?) but truth is there aren't many forum members in this area. Paul and I know each other well due to a love of A8's and detailing but we're based 35 miles apart. The only reason many forum members know the area is due to Prestige being based in Stockton.

IT 29th August 2019 09:21 AM

I confess, i found that a bit tempting... wrong engine for me really, but if it is the car in the link Tintin shared, it certainly looks very tidy for its age ?

I have a bit of a transport issue right now....... like I don't have a car and I'm not sure when that will be resolved.... so a cheap runaround like this might fit the bill..

Dezzy 29th August 2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norretal (Post 152418)
Bit harsh that mind Dezzy, I remember you asking advice (on somewhere to eat, if I remember rightly?) but truth is there aren't many forum members in this area. Paul and I know each other well due to a love of A8's and detailing but we're based 35 miles apart. The only reason many forum members know the area is due to Prestige being based in Stockton.

Sorry mate you're right it was a bit harsh:o Also wasn't fair to Paul for a "for sale post" I apologise +++

The 8 looks nice btw

I can give details of a couple of decent self found eateries in that area to anyone that might have to travel there to have a look at the 8 if needed :p

Ronin 2nd October 2019 06:07 PM

Hi is this car still available? do you have any pictures?

johnny_quattro 3rd October 2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 152916)
Hi is this car still available? do you have any pictures?

See tintin's earlier post here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 152400)
So it's this car Paul? (saves you adding your own pics ;) )

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14433

It looks to be the car in question, as the VRI/number plate of A50 BUX tallies with the description. The photos appear to be from the time of sale.

Ronin 3rd October 2019 04:16 PM

I've sent a PM to OP, hopefully he replies.