A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Cheap D3 4.2 Petrol Sport. ACC, Sunroof etc (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13863)

IT 20th February 2018 07:54 PM

Cheap D3 4.2 Petrol Sport. ACC, Sunroof etc

My own car. I've run it for about 6 months now. Its basically too good to scrap to be honest so would rather offer it out as a bit of an every day driveable project:

~145000 miles. MOT till June.
  • Ming Blue with Platinum grey interior
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Sunroof
  • Bose
  • Keyless
  • Heated front seats
  • Tv Reception (analog)
  • Auto dim mirrors
  • Sport suspension, Sports seats, Sports 3 spoke steering wheel
  • Interior light pack
  • Sat Nav
  • Xenon plus
  • Cd Changer

It starts and runs well, and has never let me down, but has the following issues. None are major, but as I originally just intended to scrap it when I was done I invested little time in it:
  • The ABS pump was refurbished when I got it. Basically, they cut it open and resolder all the joints inside. This fixed its original ABS issues, but it will still error on the dash if the ABS or ESP kicks in. It resets fine once the engine goes off. Drives perfectly without incident if you don't spin any wheels.
  • MMI screen doesn't retract, but someone has done a decent job of permanently forcing it to stay up so it works fine
  • Keyless doors dont work, but start/stop does
  • There is cosmetic damage around the start/stop button on the MMI.
  • Front suspension has some worn bushes, knocks a little bit over grates on the N/S.
  • Light scuff to front bumper, but generally very presentable body work all round
  • The 20" 9 spoke wheels look quite untidy, but should refurb nicely
  • no spare wheel.

A/C was regassed when I got it, and works fine. Front discs / pads were done too.

Gearbox is good, engine pulls well.

Lots of life left in it yet. A V8 petrol D3 for D2 money +++

£2250. Located in Harrogate, North Yorks.

ulfilias 26th February 2018 02:56 PM

That's silly money....and 15K less miles than mine too.

Dezzy 26th February 2018 04:09 PM

It's nearly the right money for a new 8 for me, and sounds so much like the story of the traders 8, i.e. bought to use until it died and then scrap it, but I just wouldn't die.

steamship 26th February 2018 05:05 PM

And there's me thinking that I need a runaround for trips to the skips and for carrying big stuff from Homebase, so that I can try and preserve the D2 and bring it back to some of its former glory, and keeping both the D2 and D3 for proper drives and fewer miles.

I had been looking at A6 quattro estates or A6 Allroads, but they don't come close to the price or spec of IT's A8.

IT 26th February 2018 07:46 PM

Chucked it in for an MOT this week, almost passed first time. One CV boot insecure and 1 tyre they're not happy with. Easy fix :-)

Will probably drop it on ebay in a couple of weeks time, at a higher price by the sounds of it ;)

steamship 26th February 2018 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 138336)
Will probably drop it on ebay in a couple of weeks time, at a higher price by the sounds of it ;)

I just reread your initial post and spotted the price. I was convinced it said £2550 and was just about to say that the best (good but cheap) allroad I could find was one with 154k and a price tag of £2550. Now it turns out you're selling the A8 for £300 less. :-(

Wonder how easy it would be to remove the bulkhead behind the rear seats and somehow gets the seats to fold flat. Could have an estate-ish like car in a saloon body. :cool:

steamship 28th February 2018 03:15 PM

What's this IT fella like to deal with? :cheers: or :argue:

Do you reckon I could get anymore discount off him if I said 'pretty please'? :yippee:

Maybe I should send him a nice PM expressing my interest.

Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to ask.

"Ian, you've got mail"

HPsauce 28th February 2018 03:25 PM

Ian (IT) bought my first S8 off me. He's a straight-talking Yorkshireman (hope I got the county right....).

I would think the bulkhead is pretty structural, apart from the hole for the ski hatch.

Dezzy 28th February 2018 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 138430)
:

Do you reckon i could get anymore discount off him if i said 'pretty please'? :yippee:

:rofl:

IT 28th February 2018 07:38 PM

Withdrawn from sale for now - Steamship has secured first refusal.