A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Got myself another 8 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15803)

tonupkid 30th July 2020 08:16 PM

Got myself another 8

10 Attachment(s)
I've finally taken the plunge and purchased a D4 S8 Plus
Its taken well over 12 months of trawling capitalised adverts (did you know for instance that every S8 has a 'LIGHTS ON WARNING BUZZER' FFS. I'm not normally especially picky, but examples with anything more than basic spec are thin on the ground. Anyway, long story short, this one fits what I was after, although I did have to forgo B&O.

First impressions between the D4, the D3 S8.
The D4 feels more nimble, extra power aside, it positively loves corners.
Its smoother and quieter than the D3 and I'll miss that V10 bellow.
There is a more marked difference between Dynamic and Comfort suspension settings.
The seats, as always are sublime, with so many adjustments to accommodate your size and posture. This car has massage which is a first for me and the sensation of being poked and stroked while cruising down the M1 is alluringly decadent ;) Ray will know what I mean :)

I have very fond memories of my D2 S8, and was always aware that the D3 was missing the delightful agility and supplety of the D2. Don't get me wrong the D3 S8 is in so many ways an outstanding car. However where the D2 has a quick and predictable response, the D3, for me, feels more brutal. Well I am happy to say that in the D4 our Audi engineers have rediscovered something of the character of the D2.

That's enough blather from me and thank you for reading. Here's some pictures...

Ooo! Nearly forgot. Acceleration:D
One word, only the one and it perfectly illustrates the way this car responds when you press the fun pedal.
Astonishing, exhilarating, grin inducing and addictive.
I can't keep it to just the one word, and it's difficult paring this down to only four.... or six.
Explore the limits of the pedals travel and instantly each wheel is scrabbling for friction. There's a sort of twitching then a stupefying shift to very unexpected speed.

tintin 30th July 2020 09:00 PM

Nice.

Enjoy, looks like fun on four wheels.

briang9 30th July 2020 09:05 PM

Very nice, congratulations +++

Ricky22buk 30th July 2020 09:11 PM

Absolutely stunning mate !

In my opinion they are not an out and out sports car, but a fast, quality, comfortable cruiser, and ultimately a lovely place to be.

They are great cars !!!

Health to drive !!!!

David's8 31st July 2020 07:49 AM

It looks and sounds a stunner +++
Look forward to seeing it.

moltuae 31st July 2020 07:53 AM

Very, very nice Nick! :love:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 158961)
Its taken well over 12 months of trawling capitalised adverts

I was looking for the right D4 S8 Plus for several months too, and yours is pretty much exactly the same colour, interior and spec I was looking for!

Good thing I gave up and bought the Tesla instead otherwise we may have had to fight over it ;)

HPsauce 31st July 2020 08:07 AM

Well done Nick, are you keeping the D3 as well? +++

steamship 31st July 2020 09:32 AM

Lovely car, and like the contrasting 50/50 split of light and dark interior.

kele 31st July 2020 10:24 AM

Very nice.. Not so many PLUS versions here. Hoping to see more as they become more affordable.

homer simpson 31st July 2020 12:43 PM

Very nice! Enjoy +++