A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Everything Else (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   APS Parking system sensors (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4392)

limoncello 14th March 2012 01:22 PM

APS Parking system sensors

Got a quote to fix the parking sensor (front right), been told that its best (Audi reccomended) to do all four at the same time, so with that and bumper removal , painting to fit etc comes to £600.

Im not £600 bothered to get this done, but i thought maybe i could turn off the front set of sensors and then it would work fine with the rears. so i unticked the box for APS front in the hidden menu and rebooted the MMI.

no change

hooked up vagcom and cleared the original fault and tried again, no change, the fault still reoccurs in vagcom so the car is still "seeing" the front set. I couldnt find anything in the adaption chanels of the parking module that turn of front and rear,

anyone got any ideas if its possible to turn of the front set only with vagcom ?

PsYcHe 14th March 2012 01:25 PM

Unplug them from the sensor, then recode it. The fronts are a seperate plug from the rear.

Though I'd just do the dodgy sensor.

limoncello 14th March 2012 01:30 PM

seems a resonable idea, where would i unplug from? and when you say recode it, my options apart from unticking it from the canbus completely seem limited to buzzer warnings front a rear etc.

PsYcHe 14th March 2012 01:52 PM

If you take the carpet panel off the left hand side of the boot, you'll see it on the sheel arch, with three plugs going in.. Can't remember which one is the front (middle maybe), and see how it behaves. It may need recoded with vag-com to tell it that it's a 4-way instead of 8-way

limoncello 14th March 2012 02:14 PM

if i unhook it, the car will think all 4 have failed, so ineed to find where to recode it first, and mybe just the recode will be enough, theres nothing in the parking module on vagcom

Adrian E 14th March 2012 04:14 PM

My A6 has a duff front sensor and have only been told I need to do the one - worked out at 90 quid for a new one, with painting. I have it in my grubby paws and plan to fit this weekend if the weather is OK

limoncello 14th March 2012 04:25 PM

i wouldnt mind that kind of price, maybe on the a6 you dont have to take the bumper half off to do the job, thats probably most of the cost

Adrian E 14th March 2012 06:20 PM

Hiya

Price doesn't include fitting - just supply and paint to match body colour +++

It's arch liners partially out, front fogs and grills out and bumper off to get to one of the inner ones....

RanjS8 14th March 2012 08:06 PM

Parking sensor

I would just get a sensor from a8parts and replace the offending one...they'll only be a couple of bolts holding the bumper on and it will come off like a chest of draws...the rest is just go with the flow...I have done it on a fl d2 and it really wasn't that difficult...

limoncello 14th March 2012 08:13 PM

might just do that im going to france at the end of the month my dads got all the tools and room to work, so its sounding like a good option