A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Wanted A8 D2 FL Headlight Washer Jet Mechanism with silver cover / cap ! (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14829)

Ricky22buk 18th March 2019 03:18 PM

Wanted A8 D2 FL Headlight Washer Jet Mechanism with silver cover / cap !

Have already tried our sponsors and they have none in stock so just chancing my arm that someone on here has the following :

WANTED !!!

A8 D2 FL Headlight Washer Jet Mechanism with silver cover / cap if possible ?

Mine comes up but no water is propelled onto the headlight, and the silver coloured cap has broken off and has been lost.

Need it to pass an MOT in a couple of weeks time. Haven't priced from Audi but I'm sure I wouldnt want to pay what they would ask. LOL

Any help appreciated !

homer simpson 18th March 2019 05:36 PM

MJ might have one, have you tried PM'ing her?

MikkiJayne 18th March 2019 06:23 PM

I was giving the damn things away until I realised how rare and expensive they are when I wanted one myself :-( I had to buy A8parts' last one for £lots http://www.corradov8.com/pics/banghead.gif
They are obsolete from Audi and £lotsmore when they did exist.

Its a future project to figure out how to retrofit something newer.

I'd try removing it and soaking it in vinegar overnight. It may just be scaled up.

tc4332 18th March 2019 09:24 PM

or Coca-Cola. :D:love:

pete-p 19th March 2019 08:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I will have a look. There is a slim chance I still have one after my front bumper was replaced, there was something left in a box but can't remember what it was!

I know I have a cap in Agate grey somewhere if that's of use, would need spraying to the correct colour.

EDIT:
This is the part I have 4D0955101A - Pressure cylinder for headlight washer as shown in the photos attached.

Attachment 20962

Attachment 20963

steamship 19th March 2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky22buk (Post 148887)
Need it to pass an MOT in a couple of weeks time. Haven't priced from Audi but I'm sure I wouldnt want to pay what they would ask. LOL

Any help appreciated !

Which one do you need, driver or passenger side, as I have both, although the covers are black?

Could even deliver them to you if you want.

MJ - Could I just attach a hose pipe to them to test they work?

MikkiJayne 19th March 2019 11:07 AM

Yeah a hose pipe or an air line will do it. A certain amount of pressure will cause the jet to lift up then increasing pressure further will start to spray.

MikkiJayne 19th March 2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete-p (Post 148910)
EDIT:
This is the part I have 4D0955101A - Pressure cylinder for headlight washer as shown in the photos attached.

Last time I spoke to Maria about these, the cylinder was still available for £90 ish, but the spray jet was NLA. I didn't check whether you can get the jet out once its assembled though, so it might be possible to re-use the jet from an old one, since its usually the cylinder which leaks.

Ricky22buk 19th March 2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete-p (Post 148910)
I will have a look. There is a slim chance I still have one after my front bumper was replaced, there was something left in a box but can't remember what it was!

I know I have a cap in Agate grey somewhere if that's of use, would need spraying to the correct colour.

EDIT:

Attachment 20962

Attachment 20963

With my lack of knowledge I simply assumed the cylinder came complete with washer jet, but since you have posted the picture I'm now assuming it comes in two parts. The last time I bought one from our sponsors the cylinder and washer jet complete cost me £30 and I just replaced it, so never knew they came apart. Having said that, that purchase was made in 2013, and our sponsors now charge £59.99 or best offer on ebay for the part now !

My cylinder does seem to work ok but the washer jet must have been damaged when the cap broke off and went missing.

So in all fairness I don't think your cylinder would help me but i appreciate you taking the time to post. Thank you !!!!

Ricky22buk 19th March 2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 148922)
Which one do you need, driver or passenger side, as I have both, although the covers are black?

Could even deliver them to you if you want.

MJ - Could I just attach a hose pipe to them to test they work?

Hi Steamship. Thanks again for taking the time to post. I need the drivers side washer jet if possible ? Would take the cover/cap too and just give it a quick spray. PM me what you need for both and we will come to an arrangement.

Thank you !