A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Sat Nav, ICE, Audio & TV (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   "There is congestion on your route...... (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12812)

Audidothat 18th March 2017 07:49 AM

"There is congestion on your route......

.....an alternate route can not be recognised"

OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

9 times last night over 2 miles! So I switch the Nav off. I don't actually need it most of the time, I just like the ETA showing for when the wife phones and asks!

So I am sure there is a simple way of switching her off? I also don't want to be left with the halfway house option that silences her but semi mutes the stereo for 10 secs, that is equally annoying when rocking out to Free Bird! Had a look at the manual but the answer isn't jumping out at me.

Overall I like the Audi system and am not a fan of using a secondary option, my iphone etc, as a solution.

Although...... Anyone use 'Waze'?

Architex_mA8tey 18th March 2017 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audidothat (Post 125917)
.....an alternate route can not be recognised"

OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER.

9 times last night over 2 miles! So I switch the Nav off. I don't actually need it most of the time, I just like the ETA showing for when the wife phones and asks!

So I am sure there is a simple way of switching her off? I also don't want to be left with the halfway house option that silences her but semi mutes the stereo for 10 secs, that is equally annoying when rocking out to Free Bird! Had a look at the manual but the answer isn't jumping out at me.

Overall I like the Audi system and am not a fan of using a secondary option, my iphone etc, as a solution.

Although...... Anyone use 'Waze'?

Press the Nav button to enter Nav - then press set up then choose "voice guidance off" from the settings. I don't use it at all on d3's as I have customers in the cars who don't want to hear it! +++

Audidothat 18th March 2017 11:29 AM

Thank you, will give it a go.

tonupkid 18th March 2017 04:46 PM

Free Bird should NEVER be muted or in any way interrupted :tuttut:

I've had similar issues since replacing the original disk

Johnmed 18th March 2017 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 125935)
Free Bird should NEVER be muted or in any way interrupted :tuttut:

I've had similar issues since replacing the original disk

Never had this problem. And never have voice instructions on, at least in the UK. Sometimes abroad I have it on, cos it isn't talking at me, and repeating every 10 seconds.

Audidothat 20th March 2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 125920)
Press the Nav button to enter Nav - then press set up then choose "voice guidance off" from the settings. I don't use it at all on d3's as I have customers in the cars who don't want to hear it! +++

So, my voice guidance settings were already off. "Turn left, turn right" etc.
The 'trying to re route you' announcements must be another setting, I will continue the search! I have the voice turned all the way down, hence 10 secs of quiet whenever an announcement should be happening...........

tonupkid 20th March 2017 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audidothat (Post 125999)
So, my voice guidance settings were already off. "Turn left, turn right" etc.
The 'trying to re route you' announcements must be another setting, I will continue the search! I have the voice turned all the way down, hence 10 secs of quiet whenever an announcement should be happening...........

I don't have the problem you describe, I have the vocal cues turned off, and not the volume turned down.
By turning the volume down, you have still left in place the instruction to the stereo to reduce volume which enables your (now muted) voice guidance to be heard.
Try turning off the voice instructions in the MMI

snapdragon 21st March 2017 01:16 PM

Wow, I have NEVER had this in >5 years of ownership and use it a lot.
Is it dynamic route guidance settings?

Audidothat 21st March 2017 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapdragon (Post 126029)
Wow, I have NEVER had this in >5 years of ownership and use it a lot.
Is it dynamic route guidance settings?

Maybe that is it, good suggestion!

It did it again today, letting me know over and over how busy it was in the centre of Wandsworth but that it doesn't have any other route ideas!

I tried to capture it on my phone but obviously not able to as I'm driving!

mannyo 22nd March 2017 06:24 AM

As mentioned by Snapdragon, I think you are looking for the dynamic route options. I think that is found in Nav and is one of the settings on the route planning screen. Once disabled it stays that way, I have my navigation voice muted and dynamic routing off and never hear any prompts.