A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   IT, AV and other Tech (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   New member registration and post restrictions? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15960)

Regulus 9th November 2020 08:09 AM

New member registration and post restrictions?

I am wondering. Is there any new restrictions on new registered members?

S8Godzilla canīt post anything yet. Probably the same restrictions as chad951 had?

IT 10th November 2020 10:45 AM

They do have restrictions, to stop spambots registering and filling the forum with junk.

That particular user however doesn't seem to exist for some reason....

Regulus 10th November 2020 02:49 PM

Oh, that is strange as I saw his name on the main page where it says
Welcome to our newest member,

Will he have to register again then?
I know the man. Got in contact with him because he was the last owner of a scrapped S8 here in Sweden

Ronin 10th November 2020 08:00 PM

I think the issue is that there's not enough active/on the ball mods on this forum

HPsauce 10th November 2020 08:08 PM

Well, to be fair, we're an extremely well-behaved bunch with a low turnover of members that don't really need active moderation. ;)

The_Laird 10th November 2020 08:15 PM

SWMBO thinks I need moderation! ;)

tintin 11th November 2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 160873)
I think the issue is that there's not enough active/on the ball mods on this forum

:eek:

steamship 11th November 2020 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 160873)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 160874)
Well, to be fair, we're an extremely well-behaved bunch with a low turnover of members that don't really need active moderation. ;)

I believe the issue with new registrations is that the responsibility for approving new users lies in the hands of the forum owners, a business, and quite rightly so, they want to control this aspect of things, as how this forum comes across to others reflects on that business.

There are several moderators on the forum, and has been evident for me over the past seven years, that they have done an admirable job in maintaining a highly effective and welcoming forum. As HPsauce alluded to, the vast majority are well behaved, but occasionally there is a need for a moderator to step in. In my seven years here, I've only seen one member banned, one post where they were asked to 'tone it down' and a couple of threads locked. Long may it continue that way.

tintin 11th November 2020 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 160881)
I believe the issue with new registrations is that the responsibility for approving new users lies in the hands of the forum owners, a business, and quite rightly so, they want to control this aspect of things, as how this forum comes across to others reflects on that business.

There are several moderators on the forum, and has been evident for me over the past seven years, that they have done an admirable job in maintaining a highly effective and welcoming forum. As HPsauce alluded to, the vast majority are well behaved, but occasionally there is a need for a moderator to step in. In my seven years here, I've only seen one member banned, one post where they were asked to 'tone it down' and a couple of threads locked. Long may it continue that way.

Nicely put Sean - and it's free to members, too ;)

briang9 11th November 2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 160875)
SWMBO thinks I need moderation! ;)

Maybe she meant modernised:p