A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Other Audis (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Can't buy from Audi Tradition - help! (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14412)

HPsauce 18th August 2018 09:52 PM

Can't buy from Audi Tradition - help! Solved I think..

Hi folks, can anyone advise me how to buy an item from Audi Tradition!

I've tried registering, but just get "An unexpected error orccured during registration." (THEIR spelling error by the way)

Is there anyone here who knows how to get registered, open an account and actually buy from them? I know what I want and it's in stock so it's very frustrating. :angry2:

Happy to pay someone appropriately for their time and effort to order it for me.
Or can our sponsors even do it?

HPsauce 18th August 2018 10:09 PM

OK, I think I've identified the issue. The shop actually uses the same logon as "My Audi"...…

And it doesn't work at all on any Apple device, only Windows!

Managed to get in, will try to place an order tomorrow.

MikkiJayne 19th August 2018 08:03 AM

I got the same a while ago on my Windows laptop. It might be browser-specific though too. I might have another go since there is a load of stuff on there I want.

HPsauce 19th August 2018 10:41 AM

Interesting, but still blocked.
I get to the final stage of payment and after choosing the only option (Credit Card) it says I can't pay by PayPal! Catch-22 strikes again due to a broken web site.

I was able to try this both on a Windows PC (using both IE 11 and Edge) and Safari on an iPhone - same result.

Interestingly the home page now says:
"Important Information:
Due to a complete reorganization of our shop you may occasionally experience technical problems. We apologize for any trouble. We are working to solve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime parts only can be purchased at your local Audi dealer. "

So, has anyone successfully bought from them recently? :Confused:

HPsauce 19th August 2018 10:51 AM

Just for amusement I thought I try logging onto the German site to see if that worked.

When it comes to delivery there's a huge list of countries to choose from, but NOT UK/GB it's just missing!

Bizarre.... :Confused:

HPsauce 19th August 2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 144552)
When it comes to delivery there's a huge list of countries to choose from, but NOT UK/GB it's just missing!

Bizarre.... :Confused:

Weird, logged out and went back in, it's there. Must be going blind in my old age..... :tuttut:

Doesn't work there either, same silly Paypal message (but in German).

So I've emailed the "help" contact asking how to buy...….

MikkiJayne 19th August 2018 12:18 PM

I asked TPS but they can't buy from Tradition either. I haven't asked my dealership though.

HPsauce 19th August 2018 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 144556)
I haven't asked my dealership though.

I'm going to try that tomorrow, if I have time.
It was the dealer that told me they didn't have any of what I wanted anywhere in UK or Europe and that it was obsolete.

A comment here led me to look at AT who do seem to have what I want, but it's inaccessible!

steamship 19th August 2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 144551)
Interesting, but still blocked.
I get to the final stage of payment and after choosing the only option (Credit Card) it says I can't pay by PayPal! Catch-22 strikes again due to a broken web site.

There was a post on here some time ago about payment issues with Audi Tradition, and specifically with PayPal. Can't remember if there was a solution to it.

HPsauce 20th August 2018 09:30 AM

Went back to the dealer this morning; they took details and said they would contact Audi Tradition to source the part I need.
I got the impression they did that by email...……………
What's the betting on this, will they manage to do that, or not? :rolleyes:

Interestingly comments in other threads about other suppliers in Europe led me to https://www.online-teile.com/en/ and https://www.carparts-pros.com/ both of whom seem to be options if Audi fail.
All seem to be about the same price, so no financial incentive to choose any of them over Audi other than availability.

HPsauce 20th August 2018 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 144576)
Went back to the dealer this morning; they took details and said they would contact Audi Tradition to source the part I need.
I got the impression they did that by email...……………
What's the betting on this, will they manage to do that, or not? :rolleyes:

Well they phoned me back, can get it and gave a price. :eek:

Audi tradition quote €108 plus delivery and VAT for what I want. Comes to about £140 delivered in the UK.
BUT you can't buy from them as payment is broken....
Audi have quoted me £218 if they get it for me. :Confused: Even the parts guy was shocked.

I've asked them to go back to AT and ask them to check it's the right part and compare to the web site price, then email me their explanation.

steamship 20th August 2018 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 144582)
Well they phoned me back, can get it and gave a price. :eek:

Audi tradition quote €108 plus delivery and VAT for what I want. Comes to about £140 delivered in the UK.
Audi have quoted me £218 if they get it for me. :Confused: Even the parts guy was shocked.

I've asked them to go back to AT and ask them to check it's the right part and compare to the web site price, then email me their explanation.

Maybe Audi are just adding their cut as well. Have you contacted AT to ask if they can take payment over the phone? Might be worth a try.

HPsauce 20th August 2018 05:37 PM

I've already emailed AT to ask how to buy given the broken web site; awaiting a response.
I'm not around much for a while now so just waiting to see what the local Audi dealer finds out.

Adrian E 21st August 2018 07:18 AM

The Germans are particularly antiquated with their banking systems - they barely do online transactions. From memory I paid via IBAN when I had my cats refurbished, but you’d expect Audi to have a process in place. You’d expect them to be able to issue an invoice and for you to make a transfer to pay that....

HPsauce 1st September 2018 10:37 AM

No response from Audi in either the UK or Germany while I've been sunning myself in Greece so it's try the alternatives as they are competitive.
In the end I've just placed an order at online-teile, the price including delivery is ever so slightly less than Audi Tradition and they seem to have stock.

Let's see if that turns out to be correct and the part (for my sons S4) arrives next week. Fingers crossed. :cool:

HPsauce 3rd September 2018 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 144829)
In the end I've just placed an order at online-teile, the price including delivery is ever so slightly less than Audi Tradition and they seem to have stock.

Let's see if that turns out to be correct and the part (for my sons S4) arrives next week. Fingers crossed. :cool:

Hmmm, not going so well. :tuttut: They DON'T actually have stock and have to buy from Audi Tradition.
That adds a time delay and an inevitable handling charge, fortunately that's a lot less than the "Audi Tax" applied going via the local dealer.

Hopefully as they are a big multibrand parts supplier in Germany they will have an account with AT so there will be no payment issues. ;)

HPsauce 4th September 2018 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 144889)
They DON'T actually have stock and have to buy from Audi Tradition.
That adds a time delay and an inevitable handling charge, fortunately that's a lot less than the "Audi Tax"

They say they ordered from Audi Tradition yesterday and I've also paid the handling charge (easy enough via PayPal). Their order status has also been updated to "The goods are expected soon" so I'm hopeful again.
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 144542)
I might have another go since there is a load of stuff on there I want.

If this works, they (online-teile) may be a useful alternative route into the "broken" Audi Tradition system as their delivery costs to UK are slightly lower, pretty much offsetting the handling charge and 2-step delivery.

HPsauce 10th September 2018 08:54 AM

Just a little update. Online-teile ordered from Audi Tradition last Monday.
They received the part on Friday (in line with their management of my expectations) and have forwarded it on, supplying a tracking reference.

It was collected from them by DPD Friday evening and is currently still in Germany. DPD are usually pretty quick. :cool:

HPsauce 12th September 2018 02:50 PM

My order arrived today and is correct. +++
Meanwhile the Audi Tradition shop seems to have vanished...…. :Confused:

HPsauce 15th September 2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 145012)
Meanwhile the Audi Tradition shop seems to have vanished...…. :Confused:

Well it has reappeared and looks much the same, maybe a few tiny cosmetic changes?
But if you try to buy (choosing Credit Card and entering full details) you still get the same message about PayPal not being accepted. :Confused:

HPsauce 18th September 2018 10:36 PM

Om another forum there's a suggestion that AT will only deliver if the account is based in Germany or Austria. :tuttut:
Whether that will allow direct deliveries to UK etc. I've no idea.

If you do change the account address to a VALID German address it does offer a choice of Invoice or Credit Card..... (I didn't go further)

MikkiJayne 19th September 2018 07:45 AM

That's disgraceful :mad:

tc4332 19th September 2018 04:17 PM

Do they know more about Brexit than we do?

HPsauce 26th September 2018 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 144582)

So having finally acquired the part I want via online-teile in Germany, one has popped up on eBay in the UK. New for just over £100 delivered! :-(

tc4332 27th September 2018 04:28 PM

Weird old world for parts.
I bought a suit carrier with a removable hanger.
Really great but I need another hanger.
So I emailed the manufacturer and received the very helpful reply of NOTHING.
How do they hope to keep in business

RS6 2nd February 2019 09:14 PM

what hanger do you need i may have a spare one but not sure if i am thinking of the right part :Confused:

HPsauce 12th February 2020 04:37 PM

Just a little footnote to this, our sponsor may well now be in a position to help. +++
I (probably along with many others here) received an email from them on Monday this week, saying:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you been told that Audi part you need is Obsolete? Maybe it’s not...

Drop us an email with the part number and your cars chassis number and we will try and source it for you.
Here at Prestige we have a large new part supplier network that spans Europe, so challenge us today with your request!

enquiry@prestigemotorservices.co.uk