A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Recommendations for garage to change bushes (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12876)

Mossyboy1978 7th April 2017 08:39 AM

Recommendations for garage to change bushes

Hi all

It's time to get the bushes sorted for the S8 - they are all pretty worn and I'm getting a nasty shudder when braking from 70mph+.

Can anyone recommend a reputable garage in the Herts/Bucks/Middx area for a job this big? I'm looking for someone who knows the cars well enough to have done this job 100 times over.

Many thanks

Mossy

Goran 7th April 2017 10:59 AM

MRC are in Banbury just outside the edge of Bucks, can't get much more reputable than them. And they charge less per hour than Audi dealers.
Honestly I do not own any shares in the company :D

They did my entire suspension, and front subframe.

Adrian E 7th April 2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goran (Post 126449)
MRC are in Banbury just outside the edge of Bucks, can't get much more reputable than them. And they charge less per hour than Audi dealers.
Honestly I do not own any shares in the company :D

They did my entire suspension, and front subframe.

Goran - have recent experiences been OK? I'm aware of someone who has racked up significant bills with them for maintenance where it's transpired some of the work doesn't appear to have been done....suggestion was that the tuning side is all good, but the service side has become somewhat slapdash. No personal experience here, but posting for balance.

Turbo Tony 7th April 2017 04:17 PM

My car is currently at VAGTech in Milton Keynes. It got there on Wednesday and they've already really impressed me.

Their tech is ex-Audi and is not only a really nice guy but is also really meticulous. I told him there was a little broken clip somewhere in the engine bay while we were at the front of the car and he immediately pointed at a clip in the back and said 'yeah, that one'. I couldn't believe he spotted something so small and even remembered it.

Their hourly rate is half what Audi charge.

Architex_mA8tey 8th April 2017 07:53 AM

These guys are supposed to be good, although I havent used them personally but I think Marcin on here has many times -
http://www.audivwsc.co.uk/

Maxis 8th April 2017 07:58 AM

Which ines

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mossyboy1978 (Post 126446)
Hi all

It's time to get the bushes sorted for the S8 - they are all pretty worn and I'm getting a nasty shudder when braking from 70mph+.

Can anyone recommend a reputable garage in the Herts/Bucks/Middx area for a job this big? I'm looking for someone who knows the cars well enough to have done this job 100 times over.

Many thanks

Mossy

Hello, which bushes are you having replaced? Because ive got the same problem....

Mossyboy1978 10th April 2017 03:58 PM

All of them I suspect!!

Adrian - thanks - that's actually very close to me so ill give them a call.

Thanks chaps

Goran 11th April 2017 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 126450)
Goran - have recent experiences been OK? I'm aware of someone who has racked up significant bills with them for maintenance where it's transpired some of the work doesn't appear to have been done....suggestion was that the tuning side is all good, but the service side has become somewhat slapdash. No personal experience here, but posting for balance.

I haven't been to them this year, but all the work they have done on my car has been superb. Doug (one of the co-owners?) is excellent on the mechanical side of things, I think he is still there? I think he did a lot of the work on my car himself. They have worked on both the S8's I have owned and have always been honest and helpful.

I have been planning to go to them again soon to get a new fuel pump fitted preventatively.

There is also Unit 20, near Liverpool, they are top rated in the country too. Work a lot on RS6's. I have used Unit 20 too for some engine work on my previous S8, also superb and friendly.

Basically both of these companies, MRC and Unit 20, that do complex stuff like gearbox conversions (auto to manual etc), RS6 DRC to normal shocks conversions, that no other place can touch or knows how to do must be the best.

Adrian E 11th April 2017 10:19 AM

Doing a suspension refresh isn't terribly tricky - it's as much about choosing the appropriate quality of parts and finding someone methodical to do it, and to get a proper wheel alignment done afterwards to get the maximum benefit.

I've recommended David before here:

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12643

He's South of London but knows the cars well and he's a member of the forum.

Mossyboy1978 5th May 2017 08:11 AM

Many thanks everyone. Adrian - I spoke to davd this morning. And got a really good feeling about his knowledge and approach so I'm booking in with him for a few weeks' time. Thanks for the recommendation.