A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Summer Celebration/Memorial Meet @ Biggin Hall - PM Saturday 19th June (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16259)

tintin 14th May 2021 09:55 PM

Summer Celebration/Memorial Meet @ Biggin Hall - PM Saturday 19th June

With summer and more "normal" days hopefully on the horizon, Ray and I (plus a number of others...) have been discussing having a "reprise & remember" meet up at the incomparable Biggin Hall, which many of us have fond memories of, both from our annual club meet in Derbyshire, and also from Ray's "surprise" 80th birthday bash.

With that in mind, Ray's now spoken with the owner of Biggin Hall, and we're planning on having another Northern Mini Meet at this lovely location on the afternoon/evening of Saturday 19th June, and have reserved a number of outdoor tables for dinner at Biggin Hall that evening.

Both of those meets were very ably organised by the much-missed Mark/Moltuae, so this will also be a chance to remember him and celebrate his contribution to the forum and his friendship with many on here - it would also, as it happens, have been Mark's birthday on this date. Lyn will also be joining us at this mini meet, so this may be last chance many of us have to see her before she moves south later this year.

More details will follow nearer the date, so at this stage this is a "heads-up" notification and attendance thread starter for those who'd like to be there.

If you would like to join us, then please cut and paste the starter list below and add your name, in the usual time-honoured fashion:

Name(s)Evening Meal (No's)

(1) tc4332 (Ray & Jordan)Y (2)
(2) Lyn (with Joe)Y (2)
(3) tintin (Stephen)Y (2)

The_Laird 15th May 2021 06:19 AM

(2) Lyn (with Joe)Y (2)
(4) The Laird (Jim & Christine) Y (2)

tonupkid 15th May 2021 11:19 AM

(2) Lyn (with Joe)Y (2)
(5) Tonupkid (Nick & Ann) Y (2)

briang9 15th May 2021 04:46 PM

(2) Lyn (with Joe)Y (2)
(6) briang9 (Brian & Edith) Y (2)

The_Laird 17th May 2021 08:48 AM

Tried to book a room but they said they don’t have any?????

tc4332 17th May 2021 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 164929)
Tried to book a room but they said they don’t have any?????

Never thought about overnighters. I'll check tomorrow for you.

briang9 17th May 2021 10:57 PM

Couple of Travelodge/Premier Inn within a short taxi ride Jim, would be happy to collect you on the Sunday morning to pick up your car+++

sarg 17th May 2021 11:02 PM

Anely and I should be there, need to check her diary to confirm

tintin 30th May 2021 07:07 PM

Update on Biggin Hall summer meet on 19th June

Below are the updated details on the plan and latest attendees for this event on 19th June.

As this is currently a fair small/select and informal gathering to celebrate Mark and his friendship and support for the forum, we'll be playing this a bit more by ear than some of our more formal events, but the outline of this event is now as follows:

(1) Afternoon tea - will served between 2 and 3, depending on arrival time of attendees

(2) Evening meal - at 7.30pm, with the hotel managing this in compliance with current social distancing rules.

We have a number of options in terms of how we spend our time together between (1) and (2), and this is likely to include a short spirited/scenic drive (delete whichever adjective is inappropriate!) between the two bouts of food & drink, plus possible alternatives for those not wanting to do this afternoon drive.

The hotel have no cap on numbers for afternoon tea, but a maximum of 16 covers for us for dinner - so if you'd like to be added to this list for dinner, then please add your name below asap, in the usual way, as we are already close to this limit.

We'll also be making a short "memorial book" presentation about Mark to Lyn at this event, though this will be very low key, and thanks to all of those on here who have contributed photos to that: if you'd like to see a soft - or even a hard - copy of this, then please let me know.

Evening meal attendees

Definites:

(2) Lyn (with Joe)Y (2)
(6) briang9 (Brian & Edith) Y (2)

Possibles:

(1) Sarg (+ Anely) Y (2)

sarg 1st June 2021 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 164948)
Anely and I should be there, need to check her diary to confirm

Anely has to work that Saturday but I will be there, so just me for the day and evening dinner