A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Shell Go + (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15172)

ainarssems 11th August 2019 12:03 PM

Shell Go +

So I have been using Shell go + app for about 2 months and it is buggy as hell.

First when I tried to use it was saying card number not found. Then it took about 3-4 visits to register as 1. Then maybe another 10 visits and it did not change on the app, then maybe within another 3 it jumped to 10. After 10 registered visits I got a £1.40 off fuel voucher which I understand is single use only but I used it more than 10 times filling up small amounts on 3 cars for about 3 weeks so that was a good saving. After I lost the voucher in the app it reset to 1 visit. I have done maybe 5-6 visits since then and still showing 1. Today I got £2.40 off V-power voucher but still showing only 1 visit. Hopefully I can use this again multiple times just filling £10 worth of fuel every time, £2.40 off £10 that's a good saving.

kele 11th August 2019 03:36 PM

Its all the fault of Oli18 :)

snapdragon 15th August 2019 04:56 PM

No such lucky bugs for me :(

tc4332 15th August 2019 06:54 PM

And it only works in the UK

ainarssems 15th August 2019 08:52 PM

Used the £2.40 coupon for V-Power about 5-6 times. Visit count did not change. Then coupon disappeared and visit count changed +1.

The_Laird 16th August 2019 12:34 PM

When it first came out, I had a bloody good rant about it being only on a phone (when the safety signs at the pumps still say no mobile phones!). I suggested that it was technology for the sake of it and, as I always take my wallet to the till to pay, but not my phone, that a card was a much more sensible option.

Clearly I wasn’t the only one as they’ve now issued a card! But points per visit (rather than per litre) are pretty daft and encourage Ainars behaviour of just putting in £10s worth per visit rather than filling up.

Somebody didn’t think this through properly, I suspect.

HPsauce 16th August 2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 152252)
Somebody didn’t think this through properly, I suspect.

I think you're right there, I asked for a card (*and key tag) as well.
But since getting them I've not actually bothered, just been to Tesco for Momentum as it's significantly cheaper than V-Power.
The old system did produce some useful payback in money-off vouchers, this one is much less valuable and as I'm usually filling most of a 90-litre tank repeated £10 visits (7 litres!) are insane!
Even the Volvo, with a much smaller tank, typically swallows at least £60 of 99RON. :tuttut:

snapdragon 16th August 2019 01:33 PM

I think they’re trying to increase shop visits and purchases rather than fuel. They make more profit on a cup of coffee than a tank of fuel.

ainarssems 16th August 2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snapdragon (Post 152255)
I think they’re trying to increase shop visits and purchases rather than fuel. They make more profit on a cup of coffee than a tank of fuel.

Exactly, but I still have not bought anything else. :) I did take the free Rowntree Randoms but could not be bothered to get the free Costa drink. I checked my transactions online and the ones that did not register as visits don't show up online as well. And the coupons only show as used once so I have done very well using them several times. I just stop by every time I am passing and fill up £10-£30 worth of fuel.

Architex_mA8tey 16th August 2019 02:41 PM

I've had about £22 of credits against fuel in the last 6 or 7 weeks which doesnt feel too different to the previous scheme, I think that you get 2 types of benefit - vouchers for using the V-Power fuel, and then vouchers seperately as well for using fuel. As I understand it yes you need 10 visits before you get the second type of voucher, but the amount of that voucher will vary depending on the total value fuel you have purchased in your 10 visits. I'm sure they want to encourage shop visits going forwards (as they do the creation of charging points at the garages and a place to "rest and spend money" whist you charge) but I am given to understand that it doesnt necessarily mean you will get much less in the way of vouchers value wise compared to what you recieved before. The additional factor is then the occasional "freebie" coffee or washer fluid or car wash etc to also encourage the owner to keep visiting more! +++