A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Grand Tour (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12325)

ainarssems 18th November 2016 06:55 AM

The Grand Tour

First episode available today. Anybody watched it yet? I am downloading now will whatch later.

moltuae 18th November 2016 07:51 AM

Not yet but very much looking forward to watching it over the weekend +++

moltuae 18th November 2016 07:46 PM

Just watched it. Very enjoyable and entertaining +++

Stunning production quality too.

Looking forward the next episode already.

M-A8 18th November 2016 08:08 PM

Watched it lunch time and it was great to see them muppets back in the screen.

I've got to say Top Gear is so finished.

This first series is looking pretty good. New track in a shape of Ebola virus is intreating as well especially with no run off areas and a mix of smooth and bumpy tarmac.
You can see the amount of money spent on it straight away.
A bit of bad silly acting mid episode which is nothing new, just not the biggest fan of it.
Nice selection of HyperCars, P1 :love:

What I personally love very very much is the the 4K, I was waiting for a good motoring show with this picture and effects quality for some time...especially after watching Apex on Netflix about making the latest Koenigseg and it's hard way to beat the fastest lap at Nurburgring and Spa all in 4K as well - gorgeousness.

Can't wait for the next episode

Ameiseuk 18th November 2016 08:18 PM

Watched it this morning, think it will kill what remains of old Top Gear.
The same on screen banter and fooling about is there which is where the old show scored.

....wonder how long before the Stig defects?

kele 18th November 2016 08:22 PM

Nice S8 plus at 7 minutes 58 seconds. In a preview clip for a forthcoming episode :love:

moltuae 18th November 2016 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-A8 (Post 119869)
I've got to say Top Gear is so finished.

My thoughts exactly.

I mean, ok, it has its place ... Lower the budget, put it on Channel 5 and give it a new name (6th Gear, perhaps?) and it might last a few more seasons. ;)

What makes this show different to the weak imitation show the Beeb have been left with is entertainment. Like the former Top Gear, The Grand Tour is entertaining. It's fun to watch and not not just for petrol heads. Sure, it's contrived and scripted (just like the old show was), but who cares? ... you're not meant to take it seriously. Certainly I think Amazon has backed the winner here. +++

M-A8 18th November 2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kele (Post 119873)
Nice S8 plus at 7 minutes 58 seconds. In a preview clip for a forthcoming episode :love:

Silver one isn't it where May was hanging thru the window shooting machine gun...completely forgot about that short clip, well looking forward to this episode as well +++

M-A8 18th November 2016 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moltuae (Post 119875)
My thoughts exactly.

I mean, ok, it has its place ... Lower the budget, put it on Channel 5 and give it a new name (6th Gear, perhaps?) and it might last a few more seasons. ;)

What makes this show different to the weak imitation show the Beeb have been left with is entertainment. Like the former Top Gear, The Grand Tour is entertaining. It's fun to watch, not just for petrol heads. Sure, it's contrived and scripted (just like the old show was), but who cares? ... you're not meant to take it seriously. Certainly I think Amazon has backed the winner here. +++

Precisely, Top Gear wasn't about the cars or the track or celebrity guests, it was about Hamster, Shaved Ape and Captain Slow who has been actually clocked at 37mph and getting an actual ticket - too funny :ROFL:
They are the Show and Amazon has just scored big as you said, at the hefty price, but the franchise from it and profit they will make will pay for all that.

tersono 19th November 2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M-A8 (Post 119877)
Precisely, Top Gear wasn't about the cars or the track or celebrity guests, it was about Hamster, Shaved Ape and Captain Slow who has been actually clocked at 37mph and getting an actual ticket - too funny :ROFL:

Not so funny. I got a ticket for 35mph in the A8 a couple years ago... I was not best pleased :rolleyes: