A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   2009 D3 3.0 SE wanted (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16372)

Bushido 4th August 2021 10:53 AM

2009 D3 3.0 SE wanted

Hi all,
Following the courteous actions of a drunk driver I am anticipating that I will be left seeking a replacement car in the very near future.

I know that you folks know of all of the better examples around and about and like to keep an eye on the classifieds.

Budget will be around £6k. I have loved owning mine so anticipate seeking a like for like replacement.

I believe that mine being an 09 will be just before a change over year to the d4? Are there greater gains to moving up to the newer model in peoples experiences?

Appreciate any thoughts and insights ++++++

homer simpson 4th August 2021 02:11 PM

2010 was changeover year and so 2009 was some of the last D3s. They do have 3GMMI and so a little more desirable, if you can find one. Haven't driven so cannot comment but I don't think you will find one in your budget

steamship 4th August 2021 05:48 PM

In terms of D4, the cheapest one listed on Autotrader is £8,000. As for the D3, there are four on Autotrader for under £6,000. From the pictures, all appear to be bog standard models with no options. There is one listed at £5,995 which the ridiculous comment of 'over £30000 of optional extras', yet it has nothing. Looks like someone either changed the carpets or dyed them and is calling them 'exclusive'.

ainarssems 4th August 2021 07:52 PM

When you say 3.0 and do not mention TDI, I assume you are after petrol which are very rare so could be for a long wait for one to come up for sale

homer simpson 5th August 2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 166164)
When you say 3.0 and do not mention TDI, I assume you are after petrol which are very rare so could be for a long wait for one to come up for sale

Ah good point, could be better off looking for hen's teeth!

roberto 6th August 2021 04:21 AM

isn't the 3.0 petrol a non quattro ?

Bushido 6th August 2021 09:18 AM

Sorry folks, it was the tdi I owned.

This is going to be a difficult car to replace. We have yet to move to an insurance valuation but I paid £4500 for it 2 years ago and am struggling to see anything like for like (age, mileage, condition) under 5k. And i am trawling every typical avenue.

Mine was / is LWB and in a gorgeous grey / bronze in sunlight.

Most available seem to be black, few LWB and few 09 plate cars.

So, to help broaden the search - I am going to look at a local 08 in black (not LWB) and just get an eyes on feel of it. BUT -

What are the other diesel engines like? Will the 4.2 be considerably better than a mapped 3.0 or do they just risk higher running costs / reliability issues?

Which are the more desirable / harder to find options? eg sunroof, B&O

What should be standard spec eg rear camera etc?

Thanks for any pointers here folks ++++++

homer simpson 6th August 2021 10:06 AM

The 4.2TDI is a great engine, better than the 4.0TDI it replaced. Sport spec will have more options than a SE model. Here is a link to the brochure so you can see what was standard

http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7097

roberto 6th August 2021 11:07 AM

come along to AITP this sunday you never know someone might have one for sale..
the 4.2 tdi is incredible but £600 yearly road tax (£1000 is in the pipe 5x5)

Bushido 6th August 2021 11:48 AM

Im intrigued now... Incredible in standard tune or having potential with a map??
Does the 4.2 have known issues / failings to be aware of?
A mapped 3.0 is more than a happy compromise of places to be but am aware that the market is a little dry and limited at the moment so happy to keep options open,

Appreciate the input fellas ++++++