A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Other marques (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lotus Omega (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9065)

Norretal 7th November 2014 12:53 PM

Lotus Omega

2 Attachment(s)
Spotted in Costco car park, I'd never seen one before. The Lotus Carlton was the car of choice for local ram raiders when I was a youth, I must have missed the Lotus Omega somehow. Just googled it and they're worth a bit of money nowadays.

It looked small and insignificant next to an S8 though :cool:

HPsauce 7th November 2014 01:06 PM

Omega would be the Opel equivalent (to UK's Vauxhall Carlton) in continental Europe. Was it LHD?

tintin 7th November 2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norretal (Post 83997)
Spotted in Costco car park, I'd never seen one before. The Lotus Carlton was the car of choice for local ram raiders when I was a youth, I must have missed the Lotus Omega somehow. Just googled it and they're worth a bit of money nowadays.

It looked small and insignificant next to an S8 though :cool:

Carlton is very nice, someone on here has one, I think (and I'm sure they'll be along shortly…). Volvo T5 estate was preferred by Manchester ramraiders - more capacity..+++

Norretal 7th November 2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 83999)
Omega would be the Opel equivalent (to UK's Vauxhall Carlton) in continental Europe. Was it LHD?

Yeah, it looks that way from the pic, I didn't take too much notice at the time but the trade plate is on the right side of the dash, suggesting it's left hand drive. The Carlton was a great car, that's what I thought it was till I got closer.

Adrian E 7th November 2014 02:48 PM

Good old traders - MOT expired in July and it's currently SORN'd! Using trade plates only covers you for use in the course of business so with no driver present he could've been royally shafted.....

Lovely cars and good ones now fetch strong money - rusty ones are money pits if paying a garage to sort though.

HPsauce 7th November 2014 02:52 PM

Looking again I think I can see part of the steering wheel (on the left) through the headrest.

PsYcHe 7th November 2014 03:05 PM

Yup.. It's a left hooker... So an imported one.

mannyo 7th November 2014 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 84009)
Good old traders - MOT expired in July and it's currently SORN'd! Using trade plates only covers you for use in the course of business so with no driver present he could've been royally shafted.....

Looks like a motorway service station, so could be delivering it to a dealer or a new owner.

Edit. Doh, shopping trolleys so not a service station.

HPsauce 7th November 2014 05:11 PM

Costco, so "could" have been in there for tyres.......

tintin 7th November 2014 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mannyo (Post 84021)
Edit. Doh, shopping trolleys so not a service station.

Where I live, shopping trolleys mean it could be anywhere.:-(