A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Everything Else (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Thinking of selling my W12 SWB (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13752)

Takemetothepub 17th January 2018 08:54 AM

Thinking of selling my W12 SWB

It just doesn't get used that often now so toying with the idea of selling up.

It's a 2005 Short Wheel Base W12.

Dark metallic blue with black leather.

The options list isn't huge on it:

Keyless entry/start
TV (needs digital tuner to work though)
Phone
Power boot
Soft close doors
Rear blind

Not sure if any of those were standard equipment to be honest?

It's done around 120k miles and is in good condition apart from:
A small area of lacquer on the drivers front pillar come away
Chrome trim round rear windows gone milky
Power boot opens itself but wont close itself

Any ideas on a rough price I should be looking at?

IT 17th January 2018 10:09 AM

I think the options list is about right but the looks of it.

Also has wooden gear knob apparently.....

The colour is unusual, in a nice way, but the (relatively) high mileage is going to kill its value and desirability.

On that spec and mileage, I guess WBAC is around 3-3.5 K, maybe a touch higher as a trade in, and private up to 5 K. Dealer Forecourt is showing 6.2K.

Lot of car for the money, but they do cost a lot to run compared to other variants unfortunately.....

If you wanted to move it on to the trade, I might be interested, not because there is 1 penny of profit in it, but because I've never managed to own a 12 cylinder car. Came really close 3 times, but its still on my bucket list +++

tintin 17th January 2018 11:27 AM

I think your signature says it all really - "Need an OPEC membership to run it!".
Probably the hardest of all Audis (well, '8s anyway...) to shift, and the one with the biggest gulf between market price and owner value.
I've no idea what it's worth, but good luck with the sale - there may be someone out there who really wants one.

mattylondon 17th January 2018 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 136738)
...and the one with the biggest gulf between market price and owner value.

A case in point...

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Audi-A...c/192429739639

Davey Blueeyes 17th January 2018 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattylondon (Post 136802)

Ouch! Fifteen grand!

If I had fifteen grand to spend then it wouldn't be going there. Especially as it is a cat D, however you feel about that it lowers the value.

I can only imagine he doesn't want to sell it!

mattylondon 17th January 2018 11:24 PM

That's only the starting bid price!

IT 18th January 2018 12:14 AM

Crumbs. That's a tricky one.

The photos are awful, inconsistent and incomplete.
And the wrap is simply hideous. Whether or not it comes off and leaves perfect paintwork underneath is another question.

But, it is potentially the last, low mileage 'man utd' spec car out there.

I think it could have been worth in the region of 12 -15K, but the Cat D would wipe off a good 25% off a normal car, but it somewhat ruins the collectability of this example making it virtually impossible to price.

Assuming he's already had an insurance pay out, asking 15K does seem both optimistic, and greedy.

10K does seem like a more realistic upper expectation, but I shall watch with interest..... +++

1781cc 18th January 2018 08:25 AM

Highest Spec (but Bose instead of B&O?)

That said, it has a fridge lol

IT 18th January 2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1781cc (Post 136816)
Highest Spec (but Bose instead of B&O?)

That said, it has a fridge lol

There was an insanely fine line between the availability of B&O (which came out in very, very late 2005) and the end of the SWB W12 (beginning of 2006).

The SWB W12 in the UK was a stop gap 'performance' model whilst they sorted out the S8. Once the S8 came along, the W12 SWB was no more.

Hence why the SWB W12 is a relatively rare model, making the high spec ones more desirable (or the low spec ones less so)

In 10 years, I've seen only one W12 short wheel base with B&O, and that one doesn't have a sunroof.... doh. ;)

1781cc 18th January 2018 09:02 AM

How the hell do you know all this sh*t? do you have a stack of Audi press release brochures in the can for morning input/output reading post coffee? lol