A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Engine Bay (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Oil leak-sort of. (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15091)

hunker7 4th July 2019 03:35 PM

Oil leak-sort of.

Hi guys, have a little problem where oil is getting pushed passed oil cap? Replaced oil cap, and found one of the breather pipes off, after sorting that it stopped for a while but now it's back again. Any ideas? :Confused:

Dezzy 4th July 2019 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunker7 (Post 151461)
Hi guys, have a little problem where oil is getting pushed passed oil cap? Replaced oil cap, and found one of the breather pipes off, after sorting that it stopped for a while but now it's back again. Any ideas? :Confused:

You have a breather problem somewhere and it's building too much pressure.

If you post more detail like what engine it is, MJ i'm sure will know the likely candidates to look for

hunker7 4th July 2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 151463)
You have a breather problem somewhere and it's building too much pressure.

If you post more detail like what engine it is, MJ i'm sure will know the likely candidates to look for

Are there any valves? Checked pipes and can't see any cracks.

Engine is 2.8. I'm starting to feel bad now, I've asked MJ so many questions :ROFL:

Architex_mA8tey 8th July 2019 04:50 PM

Might be a broken or duff PCV Valve causing too much pressure - not too expensive for another one. . . .+++

hunker7 8th July 2019 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 151511)
Might be a broken or duff PCV Valve causing too much pressure - not too expensive for another one. . . .+++

Would you have a part number? Can't find it anywhere on parts catalog.

HPsauce 8th July 2019 07:24 PM

I've got a spare one kicking around somewhere, I'll see if there's a part number on it if I can find it.

Edit: 077 103 245 B Loads on eBay. Not sure of the condition of the diaphragm in mine though it works OK.
I think it's the same unit for loads of different VAG engines.

HPsauce 9th July 2019 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 151525)
I've got a spare one …

Not sure of the condition of the diaphragm in mine though it works OK.

Just popped it open, it's fine though a bit oily as you'd expect for a used one.

There are only 4 components in the whole thing: plastic top and bottom (clip together), spring and orange diaphragm.

Happy to sell it for a fair price. I think I changed mine because of my weird engine problems that dragged on for ages where I was trying everything; which all turned out to be a hair-trigger brake switch.

hunker7 9th July 2019 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 151540)
Just popped it open, it's fine though a bit oily as you'd expect for a used one.

There are only 4 components in the whole thing: plastic top and bottom (clip together), spring and orange diaphragm.

Happy to sell it for a fair price. I think I changed mine because of my weird engine problems that dragged on for ages where I was trying everything; which all turned out to be a hair-trigger brake switch.

Already ordered one, but thanks for the offer. +++ this car better not have any oil leaks after spending fortune on seals :ROFL:

hunker7 21st July 2019 06:30 PM

Ok stupid question, bit where does the valve go? Couldn't find it for life of it :Confused:

HPsauce 21st July 2019 07:38 PM

Take the engine cover off and it's staring you in the face at the back in the middle.
You might need a Clic-R tool to get it off easily.