A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What are the odds? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13836)

RICKY D 12th February 2018 03:40 PM

What are the odds?

Over the past few months I’ve had my neighbours texting me and telling me they keep seeing my car driving around and it’s neither my wife or myself driving it. They’re not massive car fanatics so I put it down to them seeing another classic Audi driving around in a similar colour.

Then last week my Dad came to visit over the weekend and said he saw my car driving so assumed I was popping out quickly. When he got here he saw the car parked up so wondered how I beat him back home :Confused: I told him it’s not been moved since Christmas :ROFL: my dad is car fanatic so I’m thinking there’s definatly another dark coloured S8 in the local area!

Fast forward to this afternoon....coming home with the S8 I took a shortcut and i met my cars doppelgänger! FL D2 S8, Irish Green Pearl and beige interior. The only differences I saw were thar it didn’t have xenon Plus headlights, mine is now on “FE” wheels and it appears the other Guys S8 is LPG converted. It even has s similar number plate; S8 ***. I can see why everyone thought it was my car now.

I knocked on the door and the owners Wife answered. She said they’ve recently moved to the area and that’s her husband dream car since watching Ronin! I realise this thread is useless without pics but she said to knock when I’m passing by next time as her husband should be back from his business trip and I’m hoping to get pictures.

It’s rare enough to see another D2 on the road, but another S8 in the same colour inside and out, similar number plate and 2 roads away....what are the odds?

RS6 12th February 2018 09:14 PM

Haha small world :) very handy to have a fellow owner and car not far away from you :) you will have to point him to this site!

I got mine because of Ronin +++ it was my favourite film as a kid growing up and still is to this day, i think i can quote most of the lines haha, its great to own the same car as in the film, i think its such a cool car to this day :love: :rockin:

RICKY D 12th February 2018 11:07 PM

I will certainly be pointing him in this direction....hopefully he’s in to forums as quite a few of the younger generation have given up on them. It’s Facebook, Instagram and snapchat now :rolleyes:

Will give it a few days at least before I go back as I don’t want to come off all stalkerish :ROFL:

Architex_mA8tey 13th February 2018 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICKY D (Post 137757)
I will certainly be pointing him in this direction....hopefully he’s in to forums as quite a few of the younger generation have given up on them. It’s Facebook, Instagram and snapchat now :rolleyes:

Will give it a few days at least before I go back as I don’t want to come off all stalkerish :ROFL:

You can point him towards our Facebook page / group which is -
https://m.facebook.com/AudiA8andS8UK/
And that has all the meets on the events section +++

RICKY D 18th February 2018 04:05 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I had a chance to pass by again yesterday and speak to the owner. I recommended this forum but he's not really into forums or social media type stuff so I doubt we'll see him here but you never know?!

His car was a little dirty but it was good to see the cars side by side and how scarily similar they are. His car reminds me of mine when I first bought it without the 20" wheels.

Anyway, I managed to grab a few very quick pictures. Apologies for the terrible pictures but the sunlight made it difficult to grab a decent picture.

notorious 18th February 2018 06:10 PM

Fantastic !! +++

Johnmed 20th February 2018 09:21 AM

Nice work.

I saw a guy park up his D2 S8 outside his house, not too far from ours a while back. I didn’t know what to say, wasn’t in my car or wearing my Audi branded cap, trousers or jacket so simply said “Nice D2 mate”.

He muttered “yuhh”, and went into his house. Real charmer.

David's8 20th February 2018 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnmed (Post 138042)
Nice work.

I saw a guy park up his D2 S8 outside his house, not too far from ours a while back. I didn’t know what to say, wasn’t in my car or wearing my Audi branded cap, trousers or jacket so simply said “Nice D2 mate”.

He muttered “yuhh”, and went into his house. Real charmer.

Couldnt have been the real owner - he probably "borrowed" it - as no D2 owner could be so devoid of charm and chat about their car! :-(

Dezzy 20th February 2018 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 138044)
Couldnt have been the real owner - he probably "borrowed" it - as no D2 owner could be so devoid of charm and chat about their car! :-(

That or he'd just had a bill from Audi for something :D

Johnmed 20th February 2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 138046)
That or he'd just had a bill from Audi for something :D

I figured he’d probably spent an hour or two searching for an 18mm socket and spanner in his shed, before returning from Halfrauds, B&Q and screwfix who’d each in turn suggested he go to Halfrauds.

We’ve all been there.