A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Travelling Again (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16197)

tc4332 25th March 2021 07:19 AM

Travelling Again

Morning All.
This one is not for the happiest of occasions. Another funeral. This time one of my Army friends that I've known since we were fifteen, 67 years ago.
Today I am driving to Chepstow via M6 and M5 to overnight.
Friday driving via M4 to Port Talbot for the service.

After the service driving home to Wigan via Bridgend, for a cuppa, and through the Brecons.
Just advance warning. If you think you see, me you have.

Conan_the_Librarian 25th March 2021 09:09 AM

Safe journey Ray. But I live in Devon, so if I think I've seen you, you're lost! :ROFL:

sarg 25th March 2021 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conan_the_Librarian (Post 164128)
Safe journey Ray. But I live in Devon, so if I think I've seen you, you're lost! :ROFL:

:ROFL:

Likewise if I see you Ray

The_Laird 25th March 2021 02:04 PM

Safe trip, Ray. You’ll be lost if I see you, too!

tc4332 26th March 2021 07:45 PM

Hi All.
I am back home safe.
I didn't do The Brecons on the way home. After some local advice about the Welsh Sheriffs being a bit keen on stopping cars for traversing the Border, I decided that they wouldn't want to stop me on the Motorway.
Discretion being the better part of valour, I went M4, M5 and M6 and did it in 3 hours, Bridgend to Wigan. Pretty good run especially on a Friday afternoon.
Weather at the crematorium was sunny with a little wind though it did rain a bit whilst we were in the Chapel.

tc4332 27th May 2021 03:09 PM

Afternoon All,
What on earth has happened? I thought that I was retired.

We put the coaches back on the road last Monday but we were short a driver. Not having a short driver available the office decided to put up with me. I was ferryingg six people from Liverpool and Warrington to Leigh so they could catch a tour coach to Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Only a two hour job but due to flooding closing a road it took three. Tour coach was running late so they caught it.
I went home for lunch but before I could take my jacket off phone rang, Office asking me to rescue them. A driver had not turned in so I landed up doing the Stoke Football Club security team job. 14:00 to 23:15. Sat at the ground thumb twiddling from 15:30 to 21:45, it's a boring job.
Thursday did an Ormskirk Market and Southport Excursion. Spent the afternoon at my daughter's in Southport.
Friday took some people to Llandudno for a weekend, brought them back on Monday this week.
Yesterday was a day excursion to Skipton.
Saturday I am doing a day excxursion to Whitby.
Fair warning, hide your cars.
I am also doing a five day Tenby tour starting 20th June.

tonupkid 27th May 2021 09:35 PM

Bloody Hell Ray. Your making up for time lost to lockdown or what. Must be a great being useful.

tc4332 28th May 2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 165068)
Bloody Hell Ray. Your making up for time lost to lockdown or what. Must be a great being useful.

What is good apart from enjoying the driving is the reception I am having from the passengers.
I know they are so happy at getting out and about again but they make it feel really personally to me doing my bit. I am only part of the team.
Watch out Dracula, I'll be after you tomorrow.

tc4332 29th June 2021 06:58 AM

Short update on my shenanigans.
Last week I did a five day tour based in Tenby. Lovely holiday but those lanes are a bit narrow for my coach.
I was down for a few lazy weeks but life as ever happened, a driver called in sick and I have landed up doing his six day Llandudno tour. Only problem is this is a "Diner" tour. We feed and water them whilst travelling. The other driver uses his wife as a hostess and I had to find a helper overnight. Luckily a friend offered to help, never done it before but she's turned out magic.
Yesterday we did the Bets, Llanberis circular. Today I'm putting them on the Festiniog where they will be nurtured. So once we have them on the train we can relax and enjoy the ride.
Tomorrow is my rest day, Thursday Angelsea circular and Beaumaris.
Friday home for a lunchtime finish.

roberto 29th June 2021 07:21 AM

Ray you just love munching up those miles !

i do hope your bus is a soot chucker !

:)