A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Q7 4L (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Q7 ?? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5640)

Glync 15th November 2012 03:28 PM

Q7 ??

My wife is thinking of going from a 4x4 to something more sporty now she has decided we are having no more horses!! and as a result I may need to get myself a decent 4x4. We live in a rural area have two dogs and are often snow bound in the winter.
The 8 has been a brilliant saloon car, the ony car I have ever had which gets me back home when the weather is bad in the winter as we live at the top of a decent hill +++. I would happily have another, however as we do need a decent 4x4 I have been looking at a Q7 although I haven't gone and had a test drive yet! Have also been tempted by the Range Rover Sport but I do like my Audi ;)

Does anyone have any experience of the Q7 or things to watch out for to pass on. I won't be buying new, looking for something around 4 year old 3 litre D with as low a mileage as possible as I do around 20-25K a year.
Only thinking about it at the moment !!!

Cheers
Glyn

Architex_mA8tey 15th November 2012 03:30 PM

Hi Glynn

If you talk to Ian (IT) nicely on here I think he might have the following up for sale -

2007 Q7 3.0 TDi Sline. Dynamic xenons, heated seats, Auto boot, Sat nav, Bluetooth, Reversing camera, mmi high, voice control, Tyre pressure monitoring, Privacy glass

+++

PsYcHe 15th November 2012 04:57 PM

Q7 is a very nice bit of kit..

You may want to look at an XC90 too. Less fancy, but insanely practical, 7 decent seats (as in, even I can use the rear row), slightly better economy (but not much).

A8 Doc 15th November 2012 05:24 PM

Q7 is nice. Personally the 3.0TDi feels a touch underpowered, the 4.2 is the one to have.

I opted for the RR Sport as I didn't need the size, but got the TDV8 which is frankly a fecking awesome engine. Quality inside isn't a patch on the Audi though. Comfy barge and performs insanely well when I am charging across tracks and fields at silly speeds though.

tintin 15th November 2012 05:37 PM

Slightly off the wall/off topic question - what's the Ampere like?

A8 Doc 15th November 2012 05:44 PM

Excellent if you use it for it's true purpose. Use it solely on batteries has a 50 mile range. Great for town driving, bloody quick, all the toys and you don't feel like a tool driving it.

Plus I have PV cells so it's free to recharge it.

My lifetime MPG is 250mpg+ on the computer.

Glync 15th November 2012 05:52 PM

Thanks chaps
I did look at a couple of range rovers and they are superb but I like the build of the Audi
I will need to trade my 8 in so I am stuck with dealers really, early days though and I might see if there is any interest in my car first as well.
Just been offered a Q7 with less than 30k miles but virtually the same age as the 8 but I need to stump up 8k :(:(
My motor has 94 k on the clock so it suffers from the high mileage reaction I guess when in actual fact it's just run in :ROFL:
Cheers all
Glyn

Amanda 15th November 2012 06:27 PM

Before you buy one.............. tires are approx £1200 (with 4x4 alinement) a time and I could only get my set to last 8 mths!. So I binned mine and got a c5 rs6 and believe it or not that is cheaper to run as a daily :ROFL:

PsYcHe 15th November 2012 06:57 PM

Ah yes.. the tyre thing on the Q7.. I believe brakes are a killer too..

Sad, I know, but the XC90 has cost us a set of tyres and front pads in 20k, couple of bulbs and that's it.

tintin 15th November 2012 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A8 Doc (Post 49488)
Excellent if you use it for it's true purpose. Use it solely on batteries has a 50 mile range. Great for town driving, bloody quick, all the toys and you don't feel like a tool driving it.

Plus I have PV cells so it's free to recharge it.

My lifetime MPG is 250mpg+ on the computer.

Cheers! - haven't tried one yet, the dealer let me down with a test drive. Cheaper and more practical than a Tesla Roadster I suppose, which is the only electric car that I've actually tried so far...