A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   F1 - Liberty Media (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13542)

Audidothat 22nd October 2017 06:40 PM

F1 - Liberty Media

Anyone else watching the drivers presentation section of the Grand Prix, not sure what to say...........

David's8 22nd October 2017 06:48 PM

I am ... and I am still a bit speechless myself. Where DID they get the singing matelot from?

HPsauce 22nd October 2017 07:10 PM

It's America, just learn to put up with it for one race. :ROFL:

1781cc 22nd October 2017 07:17 PM

Let’s get ready to rumble...

Hamilton just breezes past vettel, title is his, maybe not today but it’s done

Audidothat 22nd October 2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 134074)
It's America, just learn to put up with it for one race. :ROFL:

So it’s not for all future races then? Good.

I do enjoy seeing Alonso getting back into the mix abit.
And....have to admit to following Ferrari rather than Mercedes so not overly chuffed with LH leading!!!

Bloody hell, Ricciardo has just popped.

1781cc 22nd October 2017 07:53 PM

Agree, tough though it is nowadays, I’m a Raikkonen fan... LH has just been supreme though...

tonupkid 23rd October 2017 09:38 PM

Verstappen well and truly earned that podium. Sad to see him deprived by some pettifogging nitwit.
The pre race intro. You'd think that the US had had enough of being a laughing stock with Trump, but apparently not. :ROFL:

steamship 23rd October 2017 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 134129)
Verstappen well and truly earned that podium. Sad to see him deprived by some pettifogging nitwit.

Having just finished watching the race, I have to say I'm disgusted by what they did. Christain, Max and others all talked about other drivers going off the track and not being penalised, so why do it to Max?

Do Liberty Media actually listen to their spectators and viewers worldwide? Race after race, Max is usually voted as 'Best Driver', and then they turn round and do this! Even Mark Webber managed to get away with 'almost' saying how it really was.

oldnick 24th October 2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 134131)
Having just finished watching the race, I have to say I'm disgusted by what they did. Christain, Max and others all talked about other drivers going off the track and not being penalised, so why do it to Max?

Do Liberty Media actually listen to their spectators and viewers worldwide? Race after race, Max is usually voted as 'Best Driver', and then they turn round and do this! Even Mark Webber managed to get away with 'almost' saying how it really was.

let's face it , just because drivers were allowed some discretion in running wide hence lengthening the track and overtaking nobody doesn't mean that the same discretion should be allowed for a driver who shortened the circuit and overtook another competitor in the process ...what a precident that would be !

HPsauce 24th October 2017 01:40 PM

And it's not Liberty Media who did that, but the race stewards, who are probably appointed completely independently of them, maybe by the FIA?