A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   RS6 C6 Project Car (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13085)

IT 8th June 2017 10:44 AM

RS6 C6 Project Car

A well known car in Audi circles, but I've reluctantly conceded I don't need an RS6 personally right now, and to bring it up to my standards for retailing will cost too much.

If you've ever fancied an RS6, but wanted a decent luxury spec, they simply don't come any higher spec than this one, see my signature for the full details. It looks absolutely stunning. My last RS6 looked good, but this one turns heads like nothing else.

Play your cards right, and you can own this car, run it for a while and lose little or nothing when you sell it. It has been very well looked after in the past, its just got a few common service items due soon.

Stunning car. 750 bhp, 200+ mph. There is not an RS6 saloon for sale today with the spec of this one, so once sorted you could expect top money for it if/when you move it on.

Full details here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ONE-OFF-SP.../122535691221?

Although its a trade sale, I'd consider an Audi p/x from genuinely interested forum members, but am expecting a straight cash deal from Joe public..... +++

Conquistador 8th June 2017 03:01 PM

I too wouldn't want to be the one to replace those ceramic discs! £ :ROFL:

Good luck with the sale though. 750bhp and a perfect factory spec at an acceptable price would be tempting for anyone in the market for such a monster car I'm sure. :love:

Is that normal to need the discs replacing with such mileage? Or do they just take more punishment on an RS6 compared to an S8 and others?

IT 8th June 2017 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conquistador (Post 128876)
I too wouldn't want to be the one to replace those ceramic discs! £ :ROFL:

Yup, not cheap. I was braced to need to replace the rears, but turns out the front ones are marginal too, so I couldn't really sell it on with replacing them all. Conversion to brand new steel brakes is straight forward and about £4K, with a good chunk to come back from selling the old ceramic bits... Or go second hand and probably break even.

There's a school of thought that converting it to steel brakes would make it more desirable as some people actively avoid buying anything with ceramics !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conquistador (Post 128876)
Is that normal to need the discs replacing with such mileage? Or do they just take more punishment on an RS6 compared to an S8 and others?

I asked the same question a few times, and got the same answer every time - 'It depends'

My local audi dealership has seen a set of RS ceramics reduced to scrap in a heavy weekend of track use, where something like a lower powered S8 or a Q7 where they are traditionally more of a motorway chugger, would probably see 100K on a set.

I cant say I ever felt the steel brakes on my old RS6 left me wanting for more braking power, but the ceramics are insanely pretty to feast your eyes on.... +++

Adrian E 8th June 2017 06:29 PM

I thought Amar had done at least 1 set of discs on this car early in his ownership, or am I remembering that wrong?

I thought there were some aftermarket disc options available now, but struggling now to find specific details....

RS6 8th June 2017 07:56 PM

lovely car good luck with sale regardless of the work needed +++

Ameiseuk 8th June 2017 08:53 PM

If it was an avant I'd be very very tempted! I need the bigger boot

GLWS

briang9 8th June 2017 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 128882)
I thought Amar had done at least 1 set of discs on this car early in his ownership, or am I remembering that wrong?

I thought there were some aftermarket disc options available now, but struggling now to find specific details....

Yeah seem to remember that too, think he got them done under warranty as well, he did track it a fair bit which I imagine would not help. I struggled to find any aftermarket options when I replaced the front steel discs on mine, ECP sometimes list them but not sure of the make. I ended up with genuine from TPS, not cheap though:tuttut:

Goran 8th June 2017 10:18 PM

If whoever buys it wants to keep it on ceramics its worth checking out a more permanent solution for example getting a set of proper carbon discs from systems st who make oem brakes for Koenigsegg and replacement discs for Porsches. Form what I understand they are solid carbon all the way through not a bonded friction layer like Audi and Porsche stock discs.

https://surfacetransforms.com/

IT 9th June 2017 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrian E (Post 128882)

Its my understanding that the front discs we're replaced at some point for part worn ones, hence why the original rears have now worn out ahead of the front ones.

I think given the cost of ceramics relative to the cost of the car, it seems unlikely that a new owner would kit it out with new ceramics, and probably converted to steel, but i'm trying to avoid being the owner that has to execute that decision.... +++

Unless you're intending to use it heavily on the track, the steel brakes do just fine, but don't fill the 20" alloys to the max in quite the same way...

27litres 12th June 2017 03:27 AM

I thought ceramic rotors were supposed to last the life of the car...
Clearly not - bloody expensive for a consumable item!

Someone should make steel discs of the same dimensions as the ceramics for a direct fit replacement. Even at a few hundred £ it would represent an affordable and economical solution to worn ceramics.

Is there a recoating solution?