A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Considering selling my D4 4.2tdi great spec (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14386)

jza8 10th August 2018 09:12 PM

Considering selling my D4 4.2tdi great spec

2 Attachment(s)
Hi all. Thought I would see if we have any interest on here. I'm slowly considering selling my 2010 Audi A8 4.2TDI quartz grey SWB. 83K miles, full service history, S8 front and rear bumpers, S8 exhaust, S8/RS6 brakes. Car was over £120K new. Not sure what would be a fair price for it considering the rare spec I was thinking 23K to start, but suggestions welcome.

VERY, VERY good spec as many will probably spot from the photos, but here goes anyway - on top of standart SE Executive spec - Bang and Olufsen, Adaptive Cruise, Night vision, Rear Seat Entertainment, Comfort seats (heating, ventilation, massage) x4, Power seats rear, TV reception / DAB, Phone prep - High w Bluetooth, Assistance pack/pre sense plus (lane assist, side assist etc), Dynamic steering, Top-view surround camera, Alcantara package, Extended leather pack 2, Wooden gear knob and grab handle inlays, Heated Steering wheel, Led headlights, Soft-close doors, Solar sunroof, Electric rear and side blinds, Quad Zone climate, Twin-p UV/heat insul/heatead windscreen, Interior light pack, Exterior light pack, Garage door opener (HomeLink), Towbar electric fold, Fridge

Gallery link https://vgy.me/album/iHAmvCt2

steamship 10th August 2018 09:23 PM

Stunning car and love the D4 interior. Could almost live in it. GLWS.

paulrstaylor 10th August 2018 09:44 PM

This is a nice spec, I almost bought it in October 2016, but decided at the time I didn't want to D4s depreciating on the drive :ROFL:

Does it still have the rotor alloys fitted?

In all honesty, I suspect you will be waiting a while at that price - but good luck with the sale +++

jza8 10th August 2018 09:50 PM

I replaced the rotors with 20 inch S8 wheels for slightly softer ride mainly - see the gallery +++
I’m expecting it will take a while to find a buyer for this :)

Conquistador 14th August 2018 12:48 PM

Lovely car. Barring the decadent options such as top extended leather and any Exclusive stuff, I'm struggling to think of what it's lacking in terms of spec.

As has been said, price feels a little high although not many 4.2tdi's come up and rarely that well spec'd so I think you may be waiting a while for the buyer but best of luck with the sale.

IT 15th August 2018 12:36 PM

It's top spec for sure, but clocked up a reasonable mileage and is still an early 2010 D4 by anybody's guide book, which means it's 8 years old and has a lot of expensive toys to go wrong.

I've just read Paul took 15 for his, with less miles and a bit less spec which sounds about right to me for his.

Even if you add a grand for B&O, you can subtract it again for the extra miles and anyone seriously wanting to pay for all the rear seat toys are limo drivers wanting a lwb.

I would respectfully suggest a starting price of no more than 19995 but be prepared to wait a long time or take 10 to 20% less than that to secure a sale.

The D4 struggled to hold its value on a good day and the D5 launch won't have helped one bit....

Much as I'm not a big fan of the D4 S8s handling it's fast becoming an affordable bargain which again isn't helping the D4 'A' prices.

It's an awesome car. Possibly a one off, but sadly the UK second hand car market is a mess right now. So many people have switched to leasing the pot of people buying cars outright has shrunk, so has demand and values.

jza8 16th August 2018 10:42 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think Paul could have sold his for more if he hung around, it was a quick sale. I’m open to offers for now.

jza8 16th August 2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conquistador (Post 144389)
Lovely car. Barring the decadent options such as top extended leather and any Exclusive stuff, I'm struggling to think of what it's lacking in terms of spec.

It has the top extended leather +++
Only thing it doesn’t have I think is the 2 rear seat option and exclusive stuff

paulrstaylor 16th August 2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jza8 (Post 144453)
Thanks for the feedback guys. I think Paul could have sold his for more if he hung around, it was a quick sale. I’m open to offers for now.

You are probably right, but one thing I have noted is the D4's either sell in a week, or stay on sale for a very long time and then reduce in price many times before disappearing (presumably sold)!

I chose the former, that isn't to say the latter is wrong, but do be prepared that ultimately you may get less by holding out +++

jza8 13th October 2018 06:27 PM

So the car has been up on ebay and autotrader for a while, lots of interest, but no sale yet, which means I'll have to adjust my expectations :rolleyes:
I will take £16500 - i think it might get more, but would take longer than I'd like.