A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   A8 / S8 Generic Posts (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Dont miss the Strippers.... (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5445)

david@a8parts 2nd October 2012 12:40 PM

Dont miss the Strippers....

Right thats got your attention...

Architex_mA8tey 2nd October 2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david@a8parts (Post 47236)

damn, that works every time lol. . . :rolleyes:

david@a8parts 2nd October 2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david@a8parts (Post 47236)

OK sorry I got all excited and hit the wrong button :o

What I wanted to carry on to say was you may recall a while ago there was a post asking for an A8 D2 in good condition to be used on a TV programme....Well that TV programme is called Strippers for Cash and is on National Geographic channel on Monday next week at 10pm. The first episode is about the D2 and you will certainly recognise one of the cars featured, and also a few familiar faces...

Here is the link to the site for the programme:

http://natgeotv.com/uk/strippers-cars-for-cash

We havent seen the whole programme, just snippets, but I am sure it will be well worth watching.

Adrian E 2nd October 2012 01:14 PM

Cool - glad someone was able to help them with a car +++ I offered mine but with it being a week day and me having a 2 year old to entertain for an open ended period of time I bailed out as it looked unworkable.

Shame I don't have National Geographic so won't be able to watch it either lol

Dezzy 2nd October 2012 01:16 PM

Cool i try and catch it.
I hope it doesn't get edited in a way that shows people in the wrong light, as a lot of dismantlers are crooks and adjust their prices depending on how old or vulnerable you are.

briang9 2nd October 2012 01:35 PM

Slightly off topic sorry, but talking about the National Geopraphic Channel there was a superb programme on last night about the Veyron, just an amazing piece of engineering genius, if anybody has the technology to watch it again would recomend it+++

Oh and dont think I will complain about tyre prices again, as a set for the Veyron are £11,000 and only last about 6000 miles, strewth...

Dezzy 2nd October 2012 01:51 PM

After getting a tip off from another forum member that my last post in this section may cause offence or be read the wrong way perhaps.

I’d just like to say I have used and will carry on using A8 Parts, I have always received an excellent service with super quick delivery and I meant in no way at all for my comment to be a dig at them what so ever.

You may have noticed I’m pretty direct and if I had any problems that I thought weren’t satisfactorily rectified I’d post on here direct.

IT 2nd October 2012 02:06 PM

Came in here looking for boobs and found an appology from Dezzy.... not sure which was most unlikely?... :D

I think what you meant to say was that *possibly* a lot of *other* dismantlers are crooks, however a8parts and many others in the industry are completely above board and lovely, lovely people to deal with +++

Personally, I'm looking forward to the show, it will be interesting to see how they paint the picture of the dismantling industry.....

Dezzy 2nd October 2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 47246)
Came in here looking for boobs and found an appology from Dezzy.... not sure which was most unlikely?... :D

I think what you meant to say was that *possibly* a lot of *other* dismantlers are crooks, however a8parts and many others in the industry are completely above board and lovely, lovely people to deal with +++

Personally, I'm looking forward to the show, it will be interesting to see how they paint the picture of the dismantling industry.....

Both are very rare things to see Ian.

But that was exactly what i meant +++

And there was always a chance of boob i suppose, sorry to dissapoint. (.)(.)

RanjS8 2nd October 2012 05:05 PM

Poor Dezzy

Poor Dezzy...the number of times I have seen Dezzy make an innocent comment which could be taken the wrong way...I think it would probably be worthy of a thread on its own...

Don't worry Dezzy I understood what u meant and I m sure others will too.