A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   A4/S4/RS4 B5 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   "S4 AUA" stolen!!! (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2264)

CliveH 28th October 2010 05:56 AM

"S4 AUA" stolen!!!

This is a bit of a long shot as I know that not many of you are living or working in the Yorkshire region.

This is not a rant about the ****ing scumbag lowlife barstards who did this, but a plea to keep an eye out for it, and to warn anyone looking to buy an S4.

Stolen from the Wakefield area in the early hours of Wednesday morning. I cant say too much at this stage, but Police suspect it could be parked up somewhere in the Yorkshire area, while the ********s lie low.

For those who dont know the car, it is a nogaro blue S4 facelift saloon, registration S4 AUA. At the time it was stolen, it had distinctive AudiSRS decals on the front doors and MRC Tuning stickers in the rear side windows - these are likely to be long gone now, along with the reg! It has RS4 front bumper, RS4 bonnet grille, RS4 wing mirrors, and Compomotive wheels. No rings or badges on the boot.

A couple of recent pics :

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...BHarper_83.jpg

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...BHarper_76.jpg

In the unlikely event that anyone should spot it (or what looks like), the first thing to do is to please immediately report its exact location to the police.

Thanks for reading :(

IT 28th October 2010 07:36 AM

Gutted for you Clive....... Hope you get some good news soon :-(

Just_Ben 28th October 2010 12:35 PM

Are you able to supply a chassis number at all? I may be able to find it anyway but worth having as I see many S4's so I'll def' keep an eye out!

topgolfer1 28th October 2010 05:32 PM

Very sorry to hear this Clive, :(,heres hoping for a positive outcome.

PsYcHe 28th October 2010 05:55 PM

That sucks mate.. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

darrenjoe90 28th October 2010 08:00 PM

clive i will keep my eyes open on my way to work and on my way home from wakefield. will also ask all my work collegues as they live in and around wakefield. hopefully you will get it back in one piece +++

Singh 28th October 2010 09:15 PM

Clive, I know I've already said this but I know exactly how this feels, and its probably consumed your whole day. I'll keep looking on eBay, what a stunning motor. Its what got me interested in the B5 S4 and I have strongly considered buying one myself. For anyone that doesn't know Clive's S4 does 0-60 in 3.9 seconds in the wet! +++

tonupkid 28th October 2010 09:36 PM

Tough one Clive. That's a very distinctive motor so here's hoping for a good outcome

Conan_the_Librarian 29th October 2010 03:25 PM

Heartbreaking. Sorry to hear this Clive. It seems to be the season for this.

Night Train 30th October 2010 12:56 AM

Sorry to hear of this Clive, needless to say, I will keep my eyes peeled for it, hope you get it back in one piece

tonupkid 30th October 2010 11:22 PM

Hi Clive
Just looking a t my picts and realised that it was you who took my son Tris out for some hot laps of Castle Coombe in your S4.
He too is gutted and was saying what a great experience it was thanks to your brilliant S4, and driving of course. Thanks for that
Have there been any developments?

A8_Tony 1st November 2010 07:58 PM

Clive, I travel all over the Yorkshire region, almost daily, so will keep a close eye out for it.

If I spot it, I'll call plod, and let you know too.

Are there any distinctive interior mods to look out for? These are more difficult to swap out than externals like decals etc, so may make it easier to spot?

****ty news mate, hope you get her back soon.

CliveH 3rd November 2010 06:29 AM

Found!

She has been found +++

Thanks for all the support guys.

Oli18 3rd November 2010 06:59 AM

Hi Clive,

So pleased for you! I hope you got her back in 1 piece and the scumbags were caught.

Oli

IT 3rd November 2010 08:11 AM

That a good result Clive +++

I am desperately curious as to how she was stolen, and more so how she was recovered, but maybe when the heat settles you can share some more...

Good to see one come back +++

Conan_the_Librarian 3rd November 2010 08:44 AM

http://forum.nitrous-advice.org/images/smilies/wav.gif

Excellent news. :D+++

PsYcHe 3rd November 2010 08:46 AM

Great news mate!

topgolfer1 3rd November 2010 04:13 PM

Incredible,thought that was a goner,heres hoping she has not been molested too much +++
But great news all the same :D

CliveH 3rd November 2010 08:58 PM

Thanks!

Many thanks for all the support and good wishes, much appreciated +++

As much as I would like to share all the sordid details for the benefit of our readers, it is a sad fact of life that I need to be cautious about what I say in a public forum at this time.

In the meantime, my best advice to any who may have become as complacement as we did : seriously consider a thorough home security review. Apparently, 80% of car crime in our area is targetted at Audis!

Singh 3rd November 2010 09:06 PM

I'm so happy this has been found! Gives me some hope for my car. I was just reading in our local newspaper today that some guys had broke into a poor guys house and tied him up whilst demanding the keys to his RS 4 and the location of the tracker! Ba$5£$ds

tonupkid 3rd November 2010 09:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great news and hearing what you're saying about security. It's easy to get complacent. I do lock mine, mostly.
And while we're on the theme (apologies in advance for duplicating thread). Here's summat I found today.

darrenjoe90 3rd November 2010 09:24 PM

its good to hear you got your car back clive. hope the scumbags have been caught and brought to justice. i am currently undergoing some home security upgrades due to two recent attempted breakins on my home within the last month. the police have said they are probably trying to get my car keys. i know what i would like to do to these thiefs :mad:

Singh 3rd November 2010 10:16 PM

Darren, get a tracker or a device that will shut the car of as they drive of. A big f*ck off alarm, a huge dog, a shotgun and 999 on speedial as well as CCTV.
My brother in laws mate had five guys come into his house in broad daylight and steal his RS 4 cab. On the Audi S/RS forums a car is stolen almost monthly! :(

A8_Tony 4th November 2010 10:30 PM

Superb news Clive. Just hope she's in one piece :)

darrenjoe90 5th November 2010 07:00 PM

amar when i bought my s4 avant i got a tracker for it but the best item i got was an anti-hijack imobiliser. whever they steal the keys from home or just hi-jack me at the lights it would just allow them to drive about a mile away then it would cut the engine and sound a very loud alarm. was fun when i let people take it for a test drive. it was the best device i bought +++

CliveH 5th November 2010 09:40 PM

I'll second that! +++

PsYcHe 6th November 2010 09:35 AM

Darren,

You got details of the device? Might consider one too :)

The_Laird 9th November 2010 10:43 AM

Tracker & Immobiliser

++
Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 15944)
Darren,

You got details of the device? Might consider one too :)

Me too! Details please+++

darrenjoe90 10th November 2010 04:49 PM

cant remember how much it cost i just remember spending £700 for the tracker, anti hijack imobliser and a nokia hands free car kit.
think it was the same as this one http://www.autowatchonline.com/211hi.html

CliveH 15th December 2010 02:45 PM

Recovered!

Sorry for the late update guys, but I've been a bit preoccupied with this and other matters since - the good news is that we got her back, we've made her better, and she's back in safe hands :)

Thanks for all the support and advice +++