A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Nurburgring Nordschliefe in 2012 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3924)

Reffro 9th January 2012 11:36 AM

Nurburgring Nordschliefe in 2012

Hi,
I've been having a look at the Calendar for the Nordschleife as a ring trip was mentioned in passing for April/May.

There are only 3 weekends right now that seem any good. 6th -8th April (Easter w/e), 11th-13th May and 26th-28th May.

Of these 26th May would be my preference as its the weekend before the 2012 Jubilee 4 day weekend (2nd - 5th June). I'd rather avoid the Easter weekend for the obvious congestion and more costly ferries.

So who's interested and for what dates?

FYI - The hotel we have used in the past is still €75 per night (Double room inc B&B). Ferries curiously are more that last year (£114 inc Priority boarding), so maybe we should think about the Tunnel as its the same price. Aside from that you just need fuel, ring tickets and beer money.....

sarg 9th January 2012 03:30 PM

26th - 28th is Monaco GP weekend (which is where I'll be) which might explain the ferry costs - I go down the previous weekend, stay for 2 weeks

Reffro 9th January 2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 31400)
26th - 28th is Monaco GP weekend (which is where I'll be) which might explain the ferry costs - I go down the previous weekend, stay for 2 weeks

No the prices are over 50% higher than last year for all the cheapest tickets at any time. The liquidation of SeaFrance is being felt.....

darrenjoe90 9th January 2012 08:28 PM

26th may is best for me +++

ps. count me in

Architex_mA8tey 9th January 2012 08:34 PM

Thats the weekend before we were planning our annual meet, so will it put people off coming to both so close together? also is everyone ok with the annual meet being the Jubilee weekend? Personally from my point of view it saves taking an extra day off to come to the annual meet so its fine, but what about others?

sarg 9th January 2012 11:33 PM

I usually find the Dover - Dunkerque route a bit cheaper, hope that helps

Singh 10th January 2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 31423)
I usually find the Dover - Dunkerque route a bit cheaper, hope that helps

Amen to that, I think only norforkline operate out to Dunkerque, takes about two hours.

PsYcHe 10th January 2012 04:24 PM

Doubt I'd do both... Then again, the 'ring is debateable for me again this year.

tintin 10th January 2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 31418)
Thats the weekend before we were planning our annual meet, so will it put people off coming to both so close together? also is everyone ok with the annual meet being the Jubilee weekend? Personally from my point of view it saves taking an extra day off to come to the annual meet so its fine, but what about others?

End of May works best for me for Nurburgring (tho' I won't be able to confirm that till nearer the time). A planned holiday in Ireland may clash with the annual meet, depending on when that starts - so please put me down as "likely" for Germany, and "tentative" for the Lakes/Blackpool/etc

Reffro 8th February 2012 10:01 AM

Hi,
I want to propose a date for the trip and then confirm numbers.

Just so you know the dates I suggested are based on the weekend opening times for the Nordschleife. Opening times especially during the week are much more limited than last year, plus there seems to be a paucity of weekend availability. The weekends proposed are the only one's with Sat & Sun running.

I understand the question from Neil about the annual meet and this potentially clashing, but the plan for me was to take the week off in between Nordschleife and Annual Meet to attend both. (Assuming I'm still welcome+++)

The 26-28th May is the preferred date for those who replied so far. It also offers the benefit of having full day track time for Sat, Sun and Mon. So having had time to mull it over and now the need to begin planning who what and when. Who's coming then?

I'll start the list with myself at the top;-
Reffro