A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   getting comfy............ (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15576)

madcjd 14th March 2020 10:31 AM

getting comfy............

I've my 2011 D4 for almost 4 months now.
The car has the 'comfort seats' and after all this time - I still cant get comfy!!
Has anyone else suffered this issue or is it just me?
I do confess to being a 'fidget', but, in my D3 I have never had any comfort issues.
Now, I end up with either a sore back or leg! :Confused:

steamship 14th March 2020 01:15 PM

Not a D4, but I have the exact same issues on my D2 which has the comfort seats, and I've had the car almost seven years. Yet when I had the D3 S8, I never had any issues with travelling long distances, as the sports seats hold you that well.

I do have several back issues which probably explains my problems!

Ronin 14th March 2020 03:07 PM

First thing i would adjust is lumbar support.

madcjd 16th March 2020 08:30 AM

I've moved everything!
It's amazing how many different seat positions/shapes you can achieve in a 4 hour driving duration......and still not find one that feels right.
I've adjusted the steering wheel too.

Ronin 19th March 2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madcjd (Post 156397)
I've moved everything!
It's amazing how many different seat positions/shapes you can achieve in a 4 hour driving duration......and still not find one that feels right.
I've adjusted the steering wheel too.

How tall are you? Im 6'4" and had real trouble fitting into the sport seats in my d2

The_Laird 19th March 2020 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 156434)
How tall are you? Im 6'4" and had real trouble fitting into the sport seats in my d2

Oh the joys of being 5’8”! I often feel the same on planes. When I was a teen (OK, when dinosaurs roamed the earth!) this was the average height for a male in the UK and many design models were based on this 70s statistic. It’s a similar situation with the recently highlighted crash test dummies issue -they’re based on historical male models which results in higher injuries in similar circumstances for females (can I use ‘male’ and ‘female’ in today’s woke society?). I bet, at 6’4”, you hate air travel -I often feel cramped!

Norretal 20th March 2020 04:00 AM

I had a D2 Sport with Recaros for years, loved those seats and drove for hours without discomfort

My D3 seats are as good, if not better. Certainly more adjustability so can be fine tuned to the drivers needs +++

I'm 6' 7" so I struggle with "average" cars. The wife's TT is great to drive but the effort to get in and out makes it more of an ordeal than a pleasure. As for airplane seats Jim, you don't know how fortunate you are :) I always book exit seats wherever possible, the comfort far outweighs the cost

tc4332 20th March 2020 10:44 AM

At the shrimp size I live in (5' 5") I find A8s extremely comfortable for many hours. Driving to the Germany meet in 2018 the only thing that stopped me was the need for fuel and that at only 20 minutes to go.In December 2019 I drove to Luneburg, south of Hamburg and just the same though in a different and thirstier motor I had two fuel stops.
In both cases I left home at midnight, caught 06:30 train at Folkestone. Stayed in the car until arrival at destination except for the tanking.

madcjd 21st March 2020 08:35 AM

Im about 5'11.
I sat in my D3 yesterday (which is sorn at the mo) and I think the foot rest on the left sits closer to the seat than the D4?
In my D3 I could comfortably sit with my left foot (obviously) on it and feel my right leg/foot were in the ideal position.
The D4 definitely feels different to me.

roberto 22nd March 2020 09:20 AM

i was never impressed with the D4 from launch
many times ive nearly bought one inc S8
glad i didnt really
my D3 is SORN or in self isolation since dec +++