A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What a Great Weekend! (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12995)

YorkshireBloke 14th May 2017 08:11 PM

What a Great Weekend!

Had a lovey time, didn't over work (or over sup :o), spent time with SWIMBO, did garden jobs, sun shone, sat around, went to church, cared for A8... :love:

How was YOUR weekend?

Robert

tintin 14th May 2017 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Since you asked....;)
  • Woke on Friday morning in a very nice little hotel in a Spanish World Heritage town, had a lovely breakfast...
  • Went for a drive in the sunshine in a lovely little Fiat 500, came back ,soaked up the sun...
  • Watched loads of live bands (Friday and Saturday), and was (inexplicably...) bought several rounds of shots by some young spanish lads...
  • Drove out this morning in the 500 to Alcantara, went skinny dipping...
  • Watched more live music, and went to church,
  • Had steak, chips and peppers outdoors, sipping beer & watching the world go by.

>> Now backing up my hard disk, 'cos Ian (IT..) reminded me to....+++

YorkshireBloke 14th May 2017 09:01 PM

Great! Is that it?

Barnsley V Spain: no contest... :ROFL: +++

Robert

tc4332 15th May 2017 09:05 AM

Saturday, Day off work, honestly REST DAY. Swmbo made me take her to IKEA, bought a chest of drawers (not the knicker type) and found the joys of old age, I could not lift the box onto the trolley. Another customer did it for me, oh shame. Got home and a grandson carried it indoors for me.
In the afternoon we were treated to afternoon tea at the Wrightington Country Club, owned by Dave Whelan, nuff said.
Sunday, after a 07:30 Wigan to Leyland train driver job, cut the grass and did a bit of potting/weeding/tidying between the showers. During the wet bits finished flooring the loft.
Now it's Monday and back to the grindstone

Architex_mA8tey 15th May 2017 10:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My weekend was mainly spent annoying Conan The Librarian and Angela at their palatial property on the edge of Dartmoor and then on Sunday fettling with the D2 with much assistance from MikkiJayne who is local-ish to them.

MikkiJayne liked the sound my D2 made :D and I liked the Steering Wheel she fitted for me :love: also fitted an R8 Oil Filler cap and some new inner rear tail light lenses and we almost finished fitting some combined DRL fog lights to the OEM positions ;)

YorkshireBloke 15th May 2017 09:13 PM

Brave Man...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc4332 (Post 127848)
Saturday, Day off work, honestly REST DAY. Swmbo made me take her to IKEA

Two hours of clay-bar work after last IKEA visit to Leeds / Bradford store. :-(

Disgraceful behaviour in car sloping car park, people leaving trolleys teetering on pavement waiting to run down hill ... :-(:tuttut:

Will stop now. Deep breath... Aaaaand relax. I may have posted about this before! :ROFL:

Robert