A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Interior Electrics (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Rear right console blower (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13360)

lackovicj 1st September 2017 07:35 AM

Rear right console blower

Hi

I am new to this forum and already looking for help with my A8 2003 D3 3.7 petrol
Car has been purchased a few weeks back and found little annoying things like
AC or hot air is blowing from all vents(front), rear foot vent, rear pillars and rear left console vent however not from the right console vent. I have digital rear control at the console but whatever setting I set can get the blower working.
The vent is open..I also opened the rear console to check if something is blocking the air ways but nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Architex_mA8tey 1st September 2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lackovicj (Post 132016)
Hi

I am new to this forum and already looking for help with my A8 2003 D3 3.7 petrol
Car has been purchased a few weeks back and found little annoying things like
AC or hot air is blowing from all vents(front), rear foot vent, rear pillars and rear left console vent however not from the right console vent. I have digital rear control at the console but whatever setting I set can get the blower working.
The vent is open..I also opened the rear console to check if something is blocking the air ways but nothing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

The rear heaters in the D3 are notorius for failing and most owners have at least 1 playing up at any time. The way the rear climate works is that it uses heated air from the front heaters to supply the rear, but if the rears are set any higher than the front then there are additional heaters in the rear that boost the heat to the right temperature. I would imagine either the air ductwork under the centre console to the rear is detached or blocked so no air flow, or if you have air flow then the rear heater has failed as so many do - a vagcom scan should show this up

lackovicj 1st September 2017 10:08 AM

Thank you

all front vents blow hot and cold air.
rear footwell and pillars on both sides blow air hot and cold air
rear left center vent blows hot and cold air.
rear left nothing at all...no cold no hot no flow even when is set to AUTO
Is possible that only rear right ductwork is disconnected?? at ETKA it shows the pipes are plastic and one module so even they disconnected there should be at least a bit of air going through to the right side.
VAGCOM says rear right blower intermittent mechanical failure but when I opened the rear console up there is nothing mechanical. except digital AC panel.
I am very confused..
I will look again on the ductwork over the weekend.
Thank you

lackovicj 4th September 2017 03:27 PM

Just an update...I dont know what has happened but the RR blower started to work in AC and heater mode... So we can shut the alarm off for now.:D:D