A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Alternative Fuels (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   A8 Hybrid axed... (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10487)

tintin 30th August 2015 05:26 PM

A8 Hybrid axed...

1 Attachment(s)
Not encouraging.

tonupkid 30th August 2015 05:56 PM

Seems they couldn't face the (Tesla) heat, so got out of the kitchen. Poor effort.
How yours going Steve?

tintin 30th August 2015 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonupkid (Post 98893)
Seems they couldn't face the (Tesla) heat, so got out of the kitchen. Poor effort.
How yours going Steve?

It's not. Yet. Picking it up next week :D

tonupkid 30th August 2015 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 98896)
It's not. Yet. Picking it up next week :D

aaaaargh! It'll be all the better for the anticipation :ROFL:

audifin 31st August 2015 11:54 AM

I think the current Hybrid version was axed because the CO2 figures were too high for it to be attractive as a company car...

However, the new Q7 (due in the UK by end of this year) etron plug-in diesel hybrid promises below 50g/km CO2, putting it to the lowest bracket together with all electric cars, so currently BIK tax bracket is only 5%. I believe this will make it very popular executive company car.

Apparently the new D5 A8 will have the same etron plug-in diesel option available.

And just a couple of weeks ago Audi announced all-electric Q6 SUV concept, which will be head to head competitor to the Tesla Model X.

So I don't think Audi has thrown in the towel, far from it +++

IT 25th September 2015 10:10 PM

I've been really, really reading up on hybrid / electric stuff just recently, and do I recall, in all seriousness, that the A8 hybrid could barely manage a single mile on electric only ?

Yes, the 5% BIK is a big benefit, but I think folk are switching on to the benefit of being able to charge up overnight and get their fuel costs supplemented.

I saw the Q7 hybrid at Frankfurt last week. On the cool side, it has two fuel flaps - matching, one at each side. Nice touch.

However, to get the hybrid stuff in they seem to have throw away the 3rd row of seats. Er hello. That was the whole point of the Q7 for me.... <sigh>

If I only want 5 seats, and have mega money to spend, the Porsche Cayenne Hybrid starts to look tempting.... :rolleyes:

tintin 25th September 2015 10:25 PM

You can buy the Tesla Model S (now…) with 7 seats….

IT 25th September 2015 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 99850)
You can buy the Tesla Model S (now…) with 7 seats….

I know, I know. I looked closely at a 7 seater in Frankfurt... Brabus had a Tesla there too (wtf?)

There seem to be a number of previously owned, high spec Teslas for sale on their website, some with 7 seats, in fact, with everything.

I have a million questions for you on yours, what the spec is, exactly, and why you went new, not used etc.

I actually visited the Tesla supercharged station in Birmingham Hyatt Regency last night just to see what it looks like.... :rolleyes:

If I'm putting all this together right:

The superchargers are completely free to use. I.e. fuel is free.

There are other, high current AC/DC chargers around the country (non Tesla) that you can use (for a subscription?)

Tax disc is free

London Congestion charging is free

£5000 from government on new models (although I think they assume that in their pricing)

Servicing amounts to tyres and brakes and pretty much nothing else

So the only cost is buying the dam thing.

And that's my sticking point.

30% down, 70% to finance, and that's knocking on the door of a grand a month with a bit of spec.

and give or take a little bit I can keep my RS for that money..... and I do rather love it..... :love: +++

IT 25th September 2015 10:50 PM

Brabus Telsa

1 Attachment(s)
http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/attachmen...1&d=1443221421

tintin 26th September 2015 11:52 AM

I think they call that colour "Electric Blue" :ROFL: