A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Audi / VW car items (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=116)
-   -   Wanted: 20" D2 Final Edition 10-spoke alloy (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15956)

HPsauce 7th November 2020 03:21 PM

Wanted: 20" D2 Final Edition 10-spoke alloy

That's it; the Final Edition version is what I'm after, not the wider D3 version.
It will be a spare (certainly initially) so doesn't need to be diamond-cut, more important is that it is running true and has minimal/no repairs/welds.

Tyre not needed, but if one is fitted that will almost certainly be replaced; I have a tyre ready to fit that matches the rest of my set (Michelin PS4s).

Given the current lockdown, the fact that my S8 is on SORN, currently has 18" wheels with winter tyres fitted, and that this will be for summer (probably post-Kelso if we get there!) there's absolutely no rush. ;)

S81 7th November 2020 06:30 PM

I have one that came of my 2002 final edition s8 ,no welds or repairs but there a slight pot hole mark on the inside of the rim ( it happened to me when I was driving the car) from memory car drove fine but it was leaking air so I put the spare on and had intended to get it fixed but then a chap drove into me and insurance wrote her off ,she wasn't much the worse but I didn't want the q plate so they took her ,i'll pic it and post to see if it any good to you, I don't think I have the centre cap for it

S81 8th November 2020 10:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Pics attached ,don't have the centre cap any of the marks are in the paintwork

HPsauce 8th November 2020 01:10 PM

Thanks for the pictures. That ding is going to need repairing so I'll "hold" for now and see what else appears.
Centre cap missing isn't a problem though I have plenty of those. :cool:

Out of interest where are you in NI? Sean (Steamship) tries to join us on our annual meets and if he and we do make it to Kelso in April might be persuaded to transport it if we do make a deal. ;)

S81 8th November 2020 02:26 PM

No bother ,yes I'm in ni

S81 8th November 2020 04:40 PM

Miss read your post ,i'm in omagh about an hour from derry ( i think that is were Sean is ) i could meet him or drop it some where if it works out

steamship 8th November 2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 160809)
Out of interest where are you in NI? Sean (Steamship) tries to join us on our annual meets and if he and we do make it to Kelso in April might be persuaded to transport it if we do make a deal. ;)

Happy to oblige... whenever it happens.

roberto 18th November 2020 03:36 AM

ive repaired a couple of alloys with a tool i made
you would be surprised how easy that would push out
inside the wheel is week and an easy repair that is

Spanker 19th November 2020 02:34 PM

In "Spotted Online" I've placed a link for new rims that, at the time of writing, are on sale with Audi Tradition.
Just in case anyone is interested.

HPsauce 19th June 2022 09:55 AM

Thread revival..... following my S8s major overhaul by the D2 Doctor.
I'm after an FE twenty again (narrower D2, not wider D3 as before) but this time properly diamond cut.
I only "need" one but could easily be persuaded to take two if they were on offer. ;)