A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   D2 S8 2002 Non Final Edition (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13174)

barzya8 2nd July 2017 12:26 PM

D2 S8 2002 Non Final Edition

Just seen this on Auto Trader.
Looks very clean and only done 93,000 miles
Two owner car
Seems to have been dry stored since 2012.
Price £9,995
Loving the price if he can get it.
Are these late S8s beginning to this fetch this kind of price?
Could be worth looking at if you are in the market +++

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...l=S8&logcode=p

This dealer has 3 S8 D2s and 1 3.7 A8

RICKY D 2nd July 2017 12:50 PM

It does look very nice, but I don't think it's £10k nice!

They're prices seem very optimistic......

1 S8 FL for £10k
1 S8 FL for £6k
1 S8 PF for £5k
1 A8 3.7 FL for £5k
1 A8 3.7 FL for £4K

Good luck to them!

homer simpson 2nd July 2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RICKY D (Post 129880)
It does look very nice, but I don't think it's £10k nice!

They're prices seem very optimistic......

1 S8 FL for £10k
1 S8 FL for £6k
1 S8 PF for £5k
1 A8 3.7 FL for £5k
1 A8 3.7 FL for £4K

Good luck to them!

^^what he said

When a D2 is in a D3's price range, it has to be concourse and have all the option boxes ticked or it is overpriced imo.

This is a clean example though

tintin 2nd July 2017 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homer simpson (Post 129891)
^^what he said

When a D2 is in a D3's price range, it has to be concourse and have all the option boxes ticked or it is overpriced imo.

This is a clean example though

Agree, and this one's not pristine - wheels have been refurbed, steering wheel is not an pukka S8 FL one, tyres are (a mix of) non-OEM/premium tyres, etc etc.

Ultimately (IMHO) pristine D2 S8s will hold their value/appreciate more than D3s will, but this one's not worth 10k, and anyone who knows their D2s won't pay that for this.

IT 2nd July 2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 129897)
Agree, and this one's not pristine - wheels have been refurbed, steering wheel is not an pukka S8 FL one, tyres are (a mix of) non-OEM/premium tyres, etc etc.

Ultimately (IMHO) pristine D2 S8s will hold their value/appreciate more than D3s will, but this one's not worth 10k, and anyone who knows their D2s won't pay that for this.

Wheels (like all 15+ year old D2's) have been refurbed, but do look pretty good, if not factory polished.

Steering wheel is genuine, factory fitted 4 spoke multifunction steering wheel, but agree, it looks a bit pants, but volume controls on steering wheel are a modern touch by todays standards...

Cannot stand the drug dealer tints on the rear windows. Awful

Also, The dark grey leather over avus silver bodywork is somewhat boring in the grand scheme of 2002 cars. Its the factory order, someone really ordered that... But why beats me.

But. Worst of all, its not been MOt'd for 5 years, and still hasn't. Oh, and it reads like the last service was 5 years ago too.

10K asking price and they've not even MOT'd it. Its not turned a wheel on the road for 5 years....

Its tidy, and sub 100K, but all other things considered, 5K to 6K seems more like the ball park to me....

Ameiseuk 3rd July 2017 06:57 AM

Must be two variants of the 4-spoke wheel. That one has the tiptronic thumb buttons and multi function controls.

Mine has only the multi function controls.

......must see if our sponsors have that type of steer wheel!

IT 3rd July 2017 09:02 PM

Yes, up until late 2000 you could have 3 spoke sport with tiptronic, or 4 spoke with multifunction.

2001 saw also a 4 spoke multifunction with tiptonic, with or without heating.

2 Version of the buttons for the multifunction. 2 one version with just audio controls, and one with telephone and audio controls depending on whether you had phone prep at factory....

Ameiseuk 4th July 2017 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 129936)
2001 saw also a 4 spoke multifunction with tiptonic, with or without heating.

2 Version of the buttons for the multifunction. 2 one version with just audio controls, and one with telephone and audio controls depending on whether you had phone prep at factory....

There's a wish list mod for my car. I assume adding tiptronic controls is a matter of coding?

I have audio and phone controls already

diplomat2.6 14th July 2017 12:05 PM

Could be a coincidence, but this appears to be rather like a rather shoddy example I say just off the A1 in Sandy last April whilst I was looking for mine. That had the same mileage, same colour and the reason I wasn't in the least tempted were the dents on every panel and that hadn't been on the road for 5 years either.

diplomat2.6 14th July 2017 12:10 PM

Just checked - that one was WF51EOY and it was off the road from 2009 to 2014, then it had 2 MOTs the same year 2015. Odd?
That one is taxed and MoTd at the moment, so somebody acquired it. It could have been ok, but I wasn't prepare to take the risk.
It was £4995, but need a similar spend on bodywork to make it like the one in the picture.