A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   G76, Rear Nearside Level Sensor (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14118)

tc4332 5th May 2018 11:49 AM

G76, Rear Nearside Level Sensor

I had the amber suspension warning on.
Suspension was good, doing all the shenanigans, up, down, dynamic and whatever else I had it do.
VCDS reported one fault.
Fault in G76 Sensor wiring.
Took the rear offside wheel off and there was the sensor.
Because I suspected, or should I say hoped, that it would be a WD40 fix with dirty contacts in the plug/socket on the sensor, that's where I went. As soon as I touched the plug/socket it fell off, not locked together, came apart. WD40 sprayed on and in both, plugged together a few times to wipe the contacts, and realised that it would not click in. I guess someone with big fingers had been there before me. Out came the trusty cable ties, one fitted to the sensor plug/socket.
Checked with VCDS, fault cleared but the amber suspension light still on. Then reralised I had not yet refitted the wheel and my soot chucker was still in jacking mode.
Put it all together and the amber suspension light went out.
Fixed, and luckily was not a replacing all the sensor wires like I think Neil had to do.
Oops!! Sorry, had the phone with me but dropped it and cracked the screen, so I landed up forgetting to take photos.
Here is a drawing of nearside rear. Item Nº 2 was the problem.

Johnmed 7th May 2018 04:13 PM

Shame about the phone, but glad to hear you sorted the motor Ray. We’ve been up in Cockermouth this weekend punishing, sorry towing the caravan with the soot chucking 8.

Simonbartlett 7th May 2018 09:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnmed (Post 141173)
Shame about the phone, but glad to hear you sorted the motor Ray. We’ve been up in Cockermouth this weekend punishing, sorry towing the caravan with the soot chucking 8.

I haven't seen another a8 on a campsite. Damn good tow car 😁

Johnmed 7th May 2018 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonbartlett (Post 141177)
I haven't seen another a8 on a campsite. Damn good tow car ��

We now own a ‘van. I’m even warming to the pursuit. Does tow like a beast too!

P.S. That’s a very nice ‘van you have there. Sorry for the thread swerve Ray. Do you have any interior pics?

tc4332 8th May 2018 03:17 PM

Hey John,
I don't care.
All I'm about is having folk talking. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnmed (Post 141178)
Sorry for the thread swerve Ray. Do you have any interior pics?

Simonbartlett 8th May 2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnmed (Post 141178)
We now own a ‘van. I’m even warming to the pursuit. Does tow like a beast too!

P.S. That’s a very nice ‘van you have there. Sorry for the thread swerve Ray. Do you have any interior pics?

Haha interior shots of the shed on wheels or the 8 ?

Johnmed 8th May 2018 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonbartlett (Post 141203)
Haha interior shots of the shed on wheels or the 8 ?

The ‘shed on wheels’.