A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Interior Trims (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Centre console (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=8195)

MAM 16th May 2014 09:05 PM

Centre console

Many moons ago, I purchased a leather centre console. I have meant to fit it many times, but have never got round to it. I have no instructions, and am somewhat worried about damaging other trims, especially as I have Exclusive Oak Sepia Wood Trims.

I need to get off my butt and try to fit it.

Does anyone have instructions on how to fit this safely? I would rather have it fitted before the meet as it will improve the interior somewhat. As Audi aren't exactly going to help me fit it, I will have to risk it.

So not looking forward to this..... can anyone help with instructions for this?

M-A8 16th May 2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAM (Post 74535)
Many moons ago, I purchased a leather centre console. I have meant to fit it many times, but have never got round to it. I have no instructions, and am somewhat worried about damaging other trims, especially as I have Exclusive Oak Sepia Wood Trims.

I need to get off my butt and try to fit it.

Does anyone have instructions on how to fit this safely? I would rather have it fitted before the meet as it will improve the interior somewhat. As Audi aren't exactly going to help me fit it, I will have to risk it.

So not looking forward to this..... can anyone help with instructions for this?

Hi MAM

You mean the whole center console, inc arm rest etc.???
Dont worry about the wood trim. Take the front ash tray out, there is torx screw behind it, unscrew it and pull the whole trim up but not to far as you will need to disconnect mmi, hand break etc. and you done with this part.
Dont worry as also the trim is stuck to a metal frame so impossible to bend it without jumping on it

Architex_mA8tey 17th May 2014 06:52 AM

If you're not confident have a word with David at A8 parts if you are down the road and see if you can pop in there for an"assisted" install. I'm sure David would try to help out if he possibly could. A few of us have been in there for upgrades in the past!

MAM 18th May 2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 74551)
If you're not confident have a word with David at A8 parts if you are down the road and see if you can pop in there for an"assisted" install. I'm sure David would try to help out if he possibly could. A few of us have been in there for upgrades in the past!

That may be worth a try as I can see that the CD has to come out, and other trims too to get to the fitting bolts. I wonder if they might look at it on the way up to Scotland as I have to drive past and I booked the day off work.

I do need to try to make a small trim to cover up a small chip that the previous owner put in the wood. It does spoil things slightly.

MAM 14th May 2015 08:36 PM

Well after a bit of messing about,

I removed the old centre console

Struggled to insert the replacement leather one as the fit is a hell of a lot tighter that the original,

Flattened the battery :tuttut: :angry3:

Put the glove box back, and all the parts back together

And FINISHED +++

Finally :ROFL:

The biggest problem was where to put all the damn bits I kept taking out of the car - there were parts everywhere.

Looks so much better now - god knows why they never fitted it from new - it is surprising how much difference it makes.

Norretal 15th May 2015 06:38 AM

Great result fella, after putting it off for so long then to finally have a go yourself and manage it, the sense of achievement must have been overwhelming last night +++