A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Interior Electrics (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Air condition doesn't blow enough! (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2021)

a8_sport 3rd August 2010 02:12 PM

Air condition doesn't blow enough!

Any ideas what's the problem:

During the autumn I had a problem with the windscreen getting steamy, and now during the summer the car won't get cold and doesn't seem to blow enough air either.

Now I did the air conditioning maintenance today, and they recharged the system. Same problem still. Not really COLD air and the blow is really not good. If you put it to max it keeps a lot of noise but very little air coming through.

What to do?

PsYcHe 3rd August 2010 07:59 PM

When was the last time the pollen filters were done? That may be blocking the system, or your fan has gotten tired (they do wear out). audipages.com has the fan replacement procedure.

IT 4th August 2010 07:56 AM

The fans normally die, not slow down, so I think pollen filters etc is a good idea... Perhaps there are loads of leaves etc clogging it all up...

Without airflow, you will steam up etc, so it seems you may have 1 simple root cause....

a8_sport 4th August 2010 07:45 PM

Hi, the filters were changed almost 30 000 km ago, so it might be that. Windows do steam when it's moist weather. I also discovered this evening when it was only +17 celcius out there, that it worked a lot of better, there was more blow. But during the day when it was something like +22 celcius, nothing... So it might not be the filters?

B@fink 4th August 2010 08:47 PM

just to clarify, the blowers "blow" harder/faster in cooler temperatures?

a8_sport 4th August 2010 09:24 PM

I think so, when the outer temperature was higher (like 27) than the temperature set in the air con system (for example 22 celcius), there comes hardly any air even the system is at full power. And even I leave the car and system on for 10 minutes when parked, it manages not to cool the interior.

When the outer temperature was lower (like today 17 celcius) than the temperature set in the system (like 22), there comes air! Or atleast it blows much better compared when the weather is warm.

Very strange. I thought it has to be that the air con needs to be refilled, but thats done now, and it didn't help.

And also the windows get steamed very easily when its raining. They said that the system is refilled, so I guess there has to be some sort of a leak? Or can it be the filters?

Curtis 27th July 2011 12:22 PM

i have a similar issue.worst is when it rains.the fan is blowing and when i put it on recirculate the the air blows properly but when its off the i get no air just the fan noise like the flaps in the vents have closed but the fan is still running.so if the windows mist up i cant fix them because recirculate wont allow feresh air in and without it i cant get air out the vents.

Amanda 27th July 2011 07:24 PM

Do you have a solar roof?

Curtis 28th July 2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mingblue (Post 25488)
Do you have a solar roof?

no i dont wish i did though

Curtis 1st August 2011 07:37 AM

i fiddled around with my fan yesterday i noticed that the flaps on the aircon system in the bonnet dont open enough when not on recirculate.so i fiddled a bit the the motor which controls the flaps and managed to get them to open properly and now its working.will see how long its works for might need to replace the motor.