A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Axles, Brakes, Suspension and Steering (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Kepping the car in dynamic and wow (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11290)

3.7 slp 7th March 2016 11:30 AM

Kepping the car in dynamic and wow

I have had my car from about 14 months now and 95% of the time I have kept it at comfort setting but over the weekend pick my son up from Cov and then the football run yesterday I have had it on the lowest setting dynamic and it make a great difference to the ride and handling... I realy like it and thing that I make keep it there.

I was wondering what setting everyone else have there in most of the time.
and if its ok to keep it at the dynamic setting all the time the car feels a lot tighter to drive ++++++

Lee S 7th March 2016 11:58 AM

I have a sport so the height doesn't change but I tend to use either Comfort (75% of the time) or Automatic (20% of the time) or very rarely when I fancy a hoon about, Dynamic (5% of the time). All are at the same ride height except Automatic and Dynamic which lower another 5mm after 20 seconds above 77mph. :D I have 275/35/20 tyres, so I tend to use Comfort a lot to make it as smooth, quiet and comfy as possible.

tersono 7th March 2016 12:02 PM

Unless it's been very wet (lots of standing water on the lanes around here) I keep it in dynamic all the time.

The wife refers to 'comfort' as 'bouncy castle mode' :lol: She's overstating it rather a lot, but it's definitely a better drive in dynamic.

3.7 slp 7th March 2016 12:12 PM

Thanks gents ...look like the sports set up id different to the normal one.

Yep compaied to the dynamic the comfort is quit different ...

That's its its.... staying in dynamic ..until I get to the speed humps in Leiecster Hamilton area :(:( they will be the death of the car

Architex_mA8tey 7th March 2016 12:26 PM

Even with a LWB every now and again I put it in to Dynamic mode and use tiptronic. I drove across some back roads from Bristol Airport the other week with a Porsche Boxster struggling to keep up behind me which was good fun and probably a bit surprising for the other driver :D

3.7 slp 7th March 2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 107879)
Even with a LWB every now and again I put it in to Dynamic mode and use tiptronic. I drove across some back roads from Bristol Airport the other week with a Porsche Boxster struggling to keep up behind me which was good fun and probably a bit surprising for the other driver :D

I bet it :ROFL: was I used a bit of tip too as I was talking my son to football and we missed a turn we span round and put it in sports and told him to hold on .....and we took off. The old girl can move when she wants +++

Conquistador 7th March 2016 01:19 PM

When I had D3s without sports suspension I kept it in dynamic almost always but I find the S8 (which obviously does have sports suspension) in dynamic to be too firm for most roads unless I want to throw it around a bit, so just keep it in automatic most of the time now which is a nice halfway point between dynamic and comfort.

As said, ride height doesn't change under normal circumstances between settings if you have sports suspension.

M-A8 7th March 2016 01:24 PM

I'm for a difference in Dynamic 85% of time with front lowered by extra 15mm and rear extra 10mm down via VCDS.
I don't like the feel of 8 in Comfort, to bouncy and steering does not feel as good as in Dynamic.
For me 8 and comfort seats are comfortable enough and steering/handling feels so much better...it's probably because I'm not as old as most members :ROFL:
Just kidding of course

I do drive most of the time either in Sport or using paddle shiffters, since upgrading them driving is so much better !!!

3.7 slp 7th March 2016 01:40 PM

that's good not know that its not best me ..most of the time I drive like a old lady..but over the past two weeks the car has just been driven to work and back under 10 miles a day...... it needed a good run out and it got a chance over the weekend with for trips up and down the M69....and a bit of tip and sports action .+++

tc4332 7th March 2016 07:33 PM

We leave her in Automatic, then SWMBO twitters when the green light comes on, she reckons I must be speeding for the 8 to lower itself.
One of my 14 year old granddaughters when sat in the rear with headphones on can feel when the car drops.
Certainly a tighter drive at speed when lowered.

But then, what is there not to absolutely drool over with an 8?
:boogy::veryhappy::respekt: