A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - General (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Nokia 6310i Wanted (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13064)

barzya8 31st May 2017 12:28 PM

Nokia 6310i Wanted

Hi Guys,
I am looking to acquire a Nokia 6310i for my in car phone cradle.
Does anyone have a working model they would like to sell me.
Phone needs to be (unlocked) so that I can use different sim cards from different sources.
Thanks for reading
David

HPsauce 31st May 2017 12:35 PM

I have two of those, definitely unlocked, kept for emergency backup on holidays as the batteries last forever.
Just need to dig them out to check. What price are you thinking and are you at the meet this weekend?

notorious 31st May 2017 12:37 PM

Plenty of 6310i's on eBay, all below £100.
Refurbished ones are all in good condition and will work forever.

On a separate matter, what SIM only contract can be recommend for a car phone, which I only use in emergency situations?

Want something that won't have monthly costs and the will allow me to stay quiet for months without having to activate it again.

HPsauce 31st May 2017 12:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'd recommend GiffGaff for emergency phone, just keep a bit of credit on it and use every few months.
(They do warn you if you've been inactive and a candidate for disconnection)

My 6310i's, the Orange logo one is definitely unlocked (as is the other one):

ainarssems 31st May 2017 01:10 PM

Freedompop offers free SIM with free 200 minutes, 200 texts and 200MB per month, only need to pay £2 for Sim delivery, runs on Three network. Only compatible with smartphones and need to use their app. Calls run over VOIP so can be unreliable if signal is weak.

Three gives you free data SIM with free 200MB per month, I suppose you can add some credit and use it for calls as well, not sure how long credit lasts if unused. Great if you only need it for small data usage like using old phone as a tracking device for car for example.

If you are TalkTalk fibre broadband customer they give free SIM with 200 min, unlimited texts, 500MB per month free, runs on Vodafone network.

HPsauce 31st May 2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 128514)
Freedompop offers free SIM with free 200 minutes, 200 texts and 200MB per month, only need to pay £2 for Sim delivery, runs on Three network. Only compatible with smartphones and need to use their app. Calls run over VOIP so can be unreliable if signal is weak.

Three gives you free data SIM with free 200MB per month, I suppose you can add some credit and use it for calls as well, not sure how long credit lasts if unused. Great if you only need it for small data usage like using old phone as a tracking device for car for example.

Pretty sure neither will work with a 6310i. ;)

notorious 31st May 2017 02:15 PM

>> Pretty sure neither will work with a 6310i.

Why? Because of the form factor?

HPsauce 31st May 2017 02:30 PM

2100MHz. The one band the 6310i doesn't cover.
Also GSM whereas Three is UMTS.

notorious 31st May 2017 03:08 PM

Thanks +++

barzya8 31st May 2017 03:14 PM

Hi HP,
Not sure what price to offer you as I do not wish to insult you.
I would much rather purchase from someone I know, than a unknown contact on ebay.
This would only be used when I am in the UK and travelling around in the S8.
At the risk of insulting you would you accept £25 for one.

Unfortunately i am not attending the annual meet as my daughter is moving home this weekend.
Let me know what you think.
Cheers
David +++