A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Any carwow fans? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16703)

Audifan 12th June 2022 09:05 PM

Any carwow fans?

I'm a fan of the carwow videos. Their newest video S1 vs. RS3.

sarg 13th June 2022 08:21 AM

I am a subscriber to the YouTube channel, some are good, some are just downright cringe. And I wish somebody would tell Mat that not everyone wants to use Apple or Google CarPlay, some of us expect the built in infotainment to do its job, it's the one thing that annoys me more than anything else :tuttut:

Nognar 13th June 2022 08:42 AM

Is that not the only thing that gets "Reviewed" on cars these days is that does it have Apple Car play? Nothing else is important of course.....

Plus remember to prod the dash to fully assess the cars build quality +++

pete-p 13th June 2022 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarg (Post 170004)
I am a subscriber to the YouTube channel, some are good, some are just downright cringe. And I wish somebody would tell Mat that not everyone wants to use Apple or Google CarPlay, some of us expect the built in infotainment to do its job, it's the one thing that annoys me more than anything else :tuttut:

I've seen this on the Polestar adverts where they say it has Google built in. I just think, what difference does that make to the car and what happens when Google changes?!

Nognar 13th June 2022 08:46 AM

It means it can harvest more data from you +++

ainarssems 13th June 2022 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pete-p (Post 170008)
I've seen this on the Polestar adverts where they say it has Google built in. I just think, what difference does that make to the car and what happens when Google changes?!

And it's only included for 3,4 or 5 years after that you either cough up more money for subscription or it stops working.

steamship 13th June 2022 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 170016)
And it's only included for 3,4 or 5 years after that you either cough up more money for subscription or it stops working.

Like what happened with Audi and all those with the virtual cockpit display suddenly not showing the Google Earth view (although some can be made to work with the alternative mapping service).

Ronin 13th June 2022 01:55 PM

I like their stick of truth, too many fake exhausts in cars these days... :(

Audifan 13th June 2022 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 170022)
I like their stick of truth, too many fake exhausts in cars these days... :(

Yes there is. Why do they have fake exhausts? Also what's the deal with soft rev limiters?

pete-p 14th June 2022 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audifan (Post 170029)
Yes there is. Why do they have fake exhausts? Also what's the deal with soft rev limiters?

I'm guessing it's just a design as it would look a little plain without anything there. Is the soft rev limiter to stop people revving them when stationary? Perhaps a sound issue and EU directive?!