A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Everything else (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   How much have you spent on your A8 this year? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16032)

Ronin 26th December 2020 11:23 AM

How much have you spent on your A8 this year?

I'm just wondering how much members have spent on maintenance/repairs/upgrades on their cars?

For example I've spent 5413.16 this year including having the timing belt done twice after a terrible bodge from the first mechanic that did it. This also includes upgdaes such as new amps, android radio etc etc. With insurance and storage costs it all came to 7k.. around £400 of this went to Prestige which I'm glad for.

I don't mean for this to be a bragging thread, I'm just looking to make myself feel better and that I'm not the only person crazy enough to spend so much on a 20 year old car.

tintin 26th December 2020 01:04 PM

£160 on petrol for my FE S8. That's it +++

(plus the usual on insurance, tax and MOT, of course, but I don't think you meant that ;) ).

HPsauce 26th December 2020 01:14 PM

Insurance, MOT fee, some tax and a bit of petrol. Might have fixed a potholed wheel/tyre too.
Everything else is going into the piggy bank for MJ in 2021 (hopefully). +++

vagdream 26th December 2020 02:38 PM

Standard Running costs-tax, insurance, MOT; £500 plus fuel. Maintenance of front suspension components and wheels, couple of sensors and some MJ upgrade parts about £850. So a cheap year so far!

Stromaluski 26th December 2020 10:21 PM

This year has been pretty light on the S8. Our corrado, on the other hand... :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Conan_the_Librarian 27th December 2020 08:03 AM

The only cost I've had is the electricity to run the dehumidifier! Laid up in Nov 19 for the winter and no reason to bring it out this spring. Started monthly to run up to temperature, so a little fuel. But otherwise SORN, MOT lapesed and no insurance. :-(

David's8 27th December 2020 08:29 AM

My answer to that question, is "A lot"...... but firstly, its given the car what i hope is many more years of life by dealing with the potential '8 "killers" (timing gear pads/tensioners/power steering hoses/gearbox) and, secondly, as the advert says, "'cos you're worth it" +++

B@fink 27th December 2020 12:35 PM

MoT, rear pads, new Ariel mast, service, 3k miles of fuel, tax, insurance, 2 car covers...tore one :/ ....my current garage project however.....more than I’m willing to admit but it now runs, has brakes and all of the steel work is where it should be....bit of suspension work, electrics and a full respray to go...unless I get giddy with modifications

moltuae 28th December 2020 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin (Post 161741)
I'm just looking to make myself feel better and that I'm not the only person crazy enough to spend so much on a 20 year old car.

Up until May this year, my S8 was my daily driver and company vehicle. It's currently in storage so this will be the first year that I've spent relatively little on the car. However, in my 10 years of ownership, I've spent ridiculous amounts maintaining it -- some years in excess of £10K. I've never totted up the bills but I suspect I could've bought a brand new S8 with the amount I've spent on maintenance! Fortunately the tax man helped to pay for a lot of the maintenance costs since the car was used primarily for business.

The_Laird 28th December 2020 08:59 AM

I’m claiming the fifth amendment! Actually, not too much this year as I had a load of work done MJ’s last year and the power steering hoses won’t be fitted until 5th January 2021. But I certainly would’t admit to the amount that I spend on my beloved S8 in case the information fell into the wrong hands! :tuttut: