A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Key cutting and coding at the annual meet (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10032)

Architex_mA8tey 21st May 2015 08:43 AM

Key cutting and coding at the annual meet

3 Attachment(s)
OK folks we also have an opportunity at the Annual Meet to get Craig Nettleton along from Auto Solutions who can cut and code keys for our 8's but we do need at least 4 different sets of keys to be cut to warrant his travel costs etc.

Bentley style keys (I have 2 and they are lovely quality and very heavy/high quality) have an Audi Logo on the reverse and can only be cut for D2's and are £100 cut and coded for one key and £150 for 2 keys and that includes covering his fuel to get from Yorkshire to Snowdonia and back etc. If we get enough people who want keys cut then he will happily look at reducing this cost as the travelling costs would be spread over more keys. If your car is present along with your key then he can cut and code keys from his mobile set up at the hotel.

D3 keys CANNOT BE BENTLEY STYLE KEYS but new Audi keys can be obtained cut and coded by Craigs equipment but I am awaiting a price for the keys - he needs to know SOON how many are interested in D3 keys and wether or not they are advanced key or standard and the part number on your key which is printed under where the key folds.

If I can get some idea at least of how many D2 & D3 owners would be interested in getting keys sorted at our meet then I can firm up prices etc and confirm to Craig that he should come to the meet. He can only come on the SUNDAY so please bear that in mind.

Please register your interest and car type / number of keys required below on this thread asap thanks +++

*pic of a new key below plus my current D3 Key next to the D2 Bentley key for size comparison etc

kele 21st May 2015 09:01 AM

I would be interested in one new fob for a D3 part # 4EO 837 220 - It is an advanced key.

Although I am only interested if the fob is an 'upgrade' in design compared to standard. For example - like the picture you insert - or better still the OEM versions from 2010> Audi key fobs.

Conquistador 21st May 2015 09:04 AM

Bugger! :angry3: I just had a new key done by Audi last month as mine only came with 1!

But I'll have one of these anyway Neil +++ Think I saw him advertise on Facebook doing SEAT keys?

Put me down for 1 :)

Architex_mA8tey 21st May 2015 09:20 AM

I'll start a list Ollie - are you sure you dont want two as they are so much cheaper as a pair?

D2 Keys
1. Conquistador - 1 Bentley Style Key

D3 Keys
1. Kele - Possible 1 newer style D3 Key? TBC

Conquistador 21st May 2015 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 93946)
I'll start a list Ollie - are you sure you dont want two as they are so much cheaper as a pair?

You're a good salesman Neil, go on then +++

D2 Keys:
1. Conquistador - 2 Bentley Style Keys

D3 Keys:
1. Kele - Possible 1 newer style D3 Key? TBC

goglawrie 21st May 2015 09:47 AM

keys

sorry being thick £150 for 2 keys or do you have to supply 2 keys to be cut and code

The_Laird 21st May 2015 09:57 AM

It's for new keys, but you need to supply an existing one to cut the same pattern (and code it I assume).

My initial reaction was that I don't need one - but they do look great!

goglawrie 21st May 2015 10:20 AM

that's great I will have 2 keys then as long sunday before midday

kele 21st May 2015 10:35 AM

D2 Keys:
1. Conquistador - 2 Bentley Style Keys

D3 Keys:
1. Kele - If it is possible - 1 newer D4 style Key? TBC

moltuae 21st May 2015 10:42 AM

Assuming it includes the fob, the key cutting and the coding of both the remote CL and immobilizer, I'll have at least 2! :)

Will these be uniquely programmed keys (rather than clones), such that they will each associate with a different seating-position memory?

If so, might even consider 4 keys (1 for each memory, replacing my existing keys). Is there a further discount for 4?