A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Audi s8 d2 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12784)

Popuppiracy 7th March 2017 06:50 AM

Audi s8 d2

4 Attachment(s)
Audi s8 absolute immaculate condition you wouldn't think it had 72k on it. I'll say the bad bits first it was recorded as a cat D and repaired also the alloys could do with a tidy up. All the electronics work and it drives superb. It's just been serviced and a new mot yesterday with no advisories. These are prone to gearbox problems it had a new one at 62k and have the recites, it comes with full service history.
Sat nav, tv
Solar sunroof
6 cd autochanger
Original recaro electric seats memory, heated and also does massaging
Power steering
Cruise
All Bose speakers surround sound
Telephone prep
Electric windows and mirrors
Double glazed windows
Xenon lights
£5000
This is a bargain price as I need the money pretty quick I'm sad to see it go sorry about the pictures haven't had much time

bobbyshafto 7th March 2017 06:52 AM

Detail

Hi Popuppiracy,

Could you confirm the price and your location?

Many Thanks

Popuppiracy 7th March 2017 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyshafto (Post 125570)
Hi Popuppiracy,

Could you confirm the price and your location?

Many Thanks

It's £5000 no offers and Billingham
If you want my mobile number let me know mate
Thanks for looking

David's8 7th March 2017 10:49 AM

This car was discussed back in December last on another thread with a link to eBay sale where it was up for sale for £3595.

tintin 7th March 2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 125584)
This car was discussed back in December last on another thread with a link to eBay sale where it was up for sale for £3595.

Good spot David - nice new forum user name on this for sale post though ;)

HPsauce 7th March 2017 10:56 AM

I recall massage seats being mentioned too, never heard of those on a D2.

Popuppiracy 7th March 2017 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 125584)

It also needed a lot of work doing to it this is what I have done in the last month
Mas air flow meter
Trackrod ends
Upper arms
New headlight
New motors for demister and 2 in the footwell
Cruise control stalk
Aircon didn't have enough gas also
I also put a lot of time in doing daft bits like balancing and tracking and new wipers it was a bit of a nightmare getting it to where it is now
Just had its mot done and got it serviced

IT 7th March 2017 01:52 PM

£5K + is reserved for the nicest examples, and would demand an impeccable history, 2002 model year and 20" alloys.

The Cat D from 2007 is the biggest issue. It has a nice spec, good colour combo and seemingly genuine low miles, but the exact person who will pay a premium for that, doesn't want a write off flag on it......

According to the MOT's Its done 18K miles in the last 8 years, which may explain why it needs so much attention - They don't really sit around doing nothing very well.

It would be interesting to know when its cambelt changes were done as it should have had at least 2 by now.......

£3.5 K seemed far more reasonable. Fixing the smaller items seems a false economy to me as you're unlikely to recoup that investment......

homer simpson 8th March 2017 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 125601)
£5K + is reserved for the nicest examples, and would demand an impeccable history, 2002 model year and 20" alloys.

£3.5 K seemed far more reasonable. Fixing the smaller items seems a false economy to me as you're unlikely to recoup that investment......

Agreed. With respect to the OP. a CAT D is worth less regardless if it has been looked after, circa 30% less.

The plus points are new (s/h?) gearbox, spec and low mileage

Ameiseuk 8th March 2017 09:22 PM

12-months MOT according to gov.uk website.
spec isn't the best - no blinds, no multi function steer wheel.
Xenon plus and unusual colour help but as per previous posters, CatD is a big turn off.

There are better specced examples with similar mileage out there for less money.