A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   A8 d4 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13548)

limoncello 24th October 2017 04:01 PM

A8 d4

Guys,

Thinking of changing cars for a while, but how much should i put mine up for.

Its an A8 4.2 D4 2010, as shown in the sig below, Silver with loads of options.
including adaptive lights with drl, adaptive criuise control, Google Maps, Bose, elec blinds, audi brake guard, elec boot, climate, air cooled glove box, remote garage thingy, elec seats -comfort,air cooled, heated massage seats, elec heardests, black perf leather, ski hatch, ambient lighting, 111K miles,

basically its exactly the same as IT's if you remember it.

Joe2.0E 24th October 2017 07:09 PM

I'd say £15K would be a fair price for it.
Someone after the spec you have may pay more but 111K miles will be an issue for some. It's a nice car, best of luck with the sale.

IT 26th October 2017 12:06 PM

Well, just did a quick trade price look up, and was shocked to be honest...

12500 dealer retail, 8590 trade in.... Looks like its dropping about 2.5K due to mileage.

Definitely worth a grand or two more with all those options on, but the D4 prices were on a constant slide to begin in, looks like the D5 release has really hit them hard...

These prices assume its serviced up to date, all straight and true etc.

Seems like 10 minutes ago it was a 20K car.......

Dezzy 26th October 2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IT (Post 134212)
Well, just did a quick trade price look up, and was shocked to be honest...

12500 dealer retail, 8590 trade in.... Looks like its dropping about 2.5K due to mileage.

Definitely worth a grand or two more with all those options on, but the D4 prices were on a constant slide to begin in, looks like the D5 release has really hit them hard...

These prices assume its serviced up to date, all straight and true etc.

Seems like 10 minutes ago it was a 20K car.......

Wow :eek: seemingly not really in keeping with the prices of the D3's either

Have the soot chuckers started to slide over the petrols yet Ian or not really?

IT 26th October 2017 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 134213)

Have the soot chuckers started to slide over the petrols yet Ian or not really?

I don't see this happening for a while yet - the MPG difference will keep people wanting diesels for some time I'm sure.

That said, given the feeble number of petrol D3 and D4's sold compared to diesel, the market is very much skewed. It would be hard to notice if the petrols got more popular.....

I bought a 4.2 Petrol D3 a couple of weeks ago, and i confess im loving it. 25 to the gallon, but so what. I got change from 3 grand and it sounds quite nice when you boot it. And none of that nasty turbo lag stuff.... +++

Joe2.0E 26th October 2017 06:53 PM

At that money, I'd be thinking of keeping it a bit longer.

paulrstaylor 26th October 2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe2.0E (Post 134221)
At that money, I'd be thinking of keeping it a bit longer.

This. Metaphorically speaking, the best thing about falling off a cliff, is the gently sloping beach that follows..... the next 5 years of depreciation should be much more palatable.

I suspect the book price quoted is reflective of cars not selling, but try finding a clean one with that spec at that price! If you are in no hurry, I suspect you will find the right buyer at about 14-15k, but if you want it gone then eBay, 99p start and no reserve will find true market value in a week or so.....

limoncello 26th October 2017 11:36 PM

blimey thats not good news

limoncello 26th October 2017 11:43 PM

had a quick look on autotrader , not many at all with a decent spec

IT 27th October 2017 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limoncello (Post 134227)
had a quick look on autotrader , not many at all with a decent spec

I just took a look too. Slim pickings, but there is a 2010 D4 4.2 Tdi, press spec same as yours for 12K.

Its Cat D, but much lower mileage so is probably quite a good price comparison.

It would be worth keeping an eye on that one, see if he ends up dropping the price, or whether it sells etc.....