A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   Key Cutting at the Annual Meet - Urgent! (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14177)

Architex_mA8tey 25th May 2018 01:15 PM

Key Cutting at the Annual Meet - Urgent!

2 Attachment(s)
Could anyone who would like any Bentley Style Keys cut and coded at the annual meet please let me know asap on this thread how many you would like -
Ive got 2 of these for my D2 and they are heavy and really nice quality compared to a standard key +++

Craig Nettleton from Auto Solutions will hopefully be coming from 8-10am on the Sunday morning

1 Key is £80.00 Cut and Coded
2 Keys for same car are £130 (Bargain!) Cut and Coded

He can do standard D3 Keys but they need to be pre ordered from Audi and so he can talk to you at the meet if your require these and arrange to visit you on his travels around the UK to actually do the work

If you would like keys on the day please put your details on this thread along with how many D2 keys you would like so that we know numbers for him to bring them

They look like the photos attached

HPsauce 25th May 2018 01:24 PM

Neil, off the top of your head do you know how many keys can be coded to a D2?

pete-p 25th May 2018 01:42 PM

I would like to have two D2 keys please Neil. What method of payment will Craig accept?

steamship 25th May 2018 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 141884)
Neil, off the top of your head do you know how many keys can be coded to a D2?

I have 4 coded to my D2. The two original keys and two of the Bentley style ones... but wait for confirmation from Neil.

As to others interested, the Bentley style keys are a real quality item.

Architex_mA8tey 25th May 2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 141886)
I have 4 coded to my D2. The two original keys and two of the Bentley style ones... but wait for confirmation from Neil.

As to others interested, the Bentley style keys are a real quality item.

Yes its 4 keys and if you bring all your old ones with you then he'll make sure that he deletes any old codes and only codes the existing keys you have (in case anyone else still has a key)

*Edit*
Craig takes Cash, Internet Bank Transfer or PayPal. Just doesn't have a card machine. Id imagine you could use a card to pay him by paypal though

Architex_mA8tey 25th May 2018 02:12 PM

Bentley D2 Keys

1. Pete P 2 Keys

moltuae 25th May 2018 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steamship (Post 141886)
I have 4 coded to my D2.

Same here. I have 4 of the Bentley style keys (supplied and coded by Craig). Very nice keys they are too!

I have (or rather had) 1 coded for each of the memory seat buttons. I managed to un-code one accidently when using it to lock the car with the engine running, while defrosting one morning.

So, I don't need any more keys but I'm hoping Craig can recode one for me +++
(didn't want to risk trying it myself in case I messed up and uncoded more of them)

Bentley D2 Keys

1. Pete P 2 Keys
2. Moltuae - recode 1 Bentley key

ainarssems 25th May 2018 03:17 PM

Seat / steering memory is linked to remote control part of key not immo so can be coded yourself, don't even need VCDS, just need at least 2 keys when coding 1 in ignition and one in door lock. Also I do believe you can have up to 8 keys coded for immo but only 4 for remote control.

MikkiJayne 25th May 2018 04:24 PM

Bentley D2 Keys

1. Pete P 2 Keys
2. Moltuae - recode 1 Bentley key
3. MJ 1 Key

moltuae 25th May 2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ainarssems (Post 141892)
Seat / steering memory is linked to remote control part of key not immo so can be coded yourself, don't even need VCDS, just need at least 2 keys when coding 1 in ignition and one in door lock. Also I do believe you can have up to 8 keys coded for immo but only 4 for remote control.

I know. I've done it myself a few times before, but programming multiple remotes to work with specific memories can be a faff, making sure you do the right number of presses in the right order so you don't overwrite another remote. I'd rather just let Craig do it.