A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Spotless (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Overdue wash (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13824)

briang9 9th February 2018 06:59 PM

Overdue wash

1 Attachment(s)
Gave the old girl a long overdue wash today as the sun made a rather rare appearance up here, clearly biased but I think it's not bad for nearly 16 +++

moltuae 9th February 2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 137583)
Gave the old girl a long overdue wash today as the sun made a rather rare appearance up here, clearly biased but I think it's not bad for nearly 16 +++

Looks stunning Brian! +++ +++

Whenever I see your car, with its black 'chrome' bits, I'm reminded of Johnny Nice Painter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj84tfS7ag4

"It's all black!" :ROFL:

steamship 9th February 2018 07:20 PM

Not bad, not bad at all. +++

RS6 9th February 2018 09:33 PM

Looks fab in black and with chrome all painted +++

:D+++

David's8 10th February 2018 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RS6 (Post 137594)
Looks fab in black and with chrome all painted +++

:D+++

If you like that sort of thing, of course :p
Only joking Brian ;) It must be really hard cleaning your stable of cars! C'mon, show everyone your new one.

briang9 10th February 2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 137614)
:p
C'mon, show everyone your new one.

OK.... see post in Other Marques section+++

David's8 11th February 2018 11:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
As it's a great day in bonnie Scotland thought I would wash a few 1000 miles of road dirt off too before the MOT tomorrow.

briang9 11th February 2018 01:43 PM

Looking good David +++

Good luck with the MOT

briang9 11th February 2018 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
RS6s turn for a bath today+++

Architex_mA8tey 11th February 2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 137653)
As it's a great day in bonnie Scotland thought I would wash a few 1000 miles of road dirt off too before the MOT tomorrow.

I always wash any car before an MOT, I see it as a courtesy to the tester, the very least one can do, and preferably wash it the day before not 5 minutes before going in so that it has time to dry properly and not drip all over him lol

steamship 11th February 2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey (Post 137671)
I always wash any car before an MOT, I see it as a courtesy to the tester, the very least one can do, and preferably wash it the day before not 5 minutes before going in so that it has time to dry properly and not drip all over him lol

Likewise. We in NI also have the added incentive since all our MOT test centres are government run, and here is one really good incentive from their own website

"You must also ensure that the exterior, interior and underparts of the vehicle are clean or the examiner may refuse to test it."

The_Laird 11th February 2018 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 137663)
RS6s turn for a bath today+++

Photos of that car always make me drool, Brian. The D2 is, IMHO, a truly beautiful car but, if I were ever to be tempted away, then an RS6 estate (in that very same colour) would be high on my list. :love:

briang9 11th February 2018 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Laird (Post 137705)
Photos of that car always make me drool, Brian. The D2 is, IMHO, a truly beautiful car but, if I were ever to be tempted away, then an RS6 estate (in that very same colour) would be high on my list. :love:

Thanks Jim +++

tintin 12th February 2018 07:08 PM

Aaannd....

1 Attachment(s)
....here's my poor/half-hearted attempt to compete with Brian's superior washing skills: Herman snapped quickly on my 'phone, one week on from a quick wash, and five minutes on from getting his Ronin showshoes fitted.

Better pics to follow, possibly, after the weekend ;)

HPsauce 12th February 2018 07:21 PM

Looking forwards to admiring Herman on Sunday, shame you won't be there too.

briang9 12th February 2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 137744)
....here's my poor/half-hearted attempt to compete with Brian's superior washing skills: Herman snapped quickly on my 'phone, one week on from a quick wash, and five minutes on from getting his Ronin showshoes fitted.

looks good, very shiny:love:..someone seems to have stuffed a whole load of tyres/wheels inside though:ROFL:

tintin 12th February 2018 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briang9 (Post 137748)
looks good, very shiny:love:..someone seems to have stuffed a whole load of tyres/wheels inside though:ROFL:

Yep, and they're worth as much as the whole lovely red interior ;). Seemed easier the dragging the Tesla across Manchester to act as a pick-up truck :p

David's8 13th February 2018 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 137744)

I thought you usually had professional help to do such lowly tasks as washing your car?
Isnt it a bit late to get winter tyres on. Mine have been on (and needed) since early November!

tintin 13th February 2018 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 137768)
I thought you usually had professional help to do such lowly tasks as washing your car?
Isnt it a bit late to get winter tyres on. Mine have been on (and needed) since early November!

They're my second set of winters David - one for each side of the New Year :ROFL: And the wash was a quick 2 bucket job - the ceramic coating makes it much quick and easier to wash - so much so that even I can do it...

David's8 14th February 2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin (Post 137815)
They're my second set of winters David - one for each side of the New Year :ROFL: And the wash was a quick 2 bucket job - the ceramic coating makes it much quick and easier to wash - so much so that even I can do it...

whats this ceramic coating?

[Ah, just checked on the internet. Interesting

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/c...nt-you-decide/
]

steamship 14th February 2018 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 137820)
whats this ceramic coating?

[Ah, just checked on the internet. Interesting

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/c...nt-you-decide/
]

That's an excellent article David, thanks.