A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D2 - Lights (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Self Levelling Headlights Warning Light? (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2415)

David's8 16th April 2012 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceBlue8 (Post 38723)
I had a word with A4 Audi and they don't know which one was done, but Andy says you should be able to tell as the repaired one will have new yellow wiring.

But apparently they're having trouble with repaired/replaced sensors failing again as the water still runs down the wiring into the sensor. Current methodology is to use a inner tube to cover the wiring from top to bottom!

Thanks for finding that out Jim, it saves me a call this morning. I do remember one of the connectors having yellow wires.

Its hard to believe but the wiring is totally unprotected going into the connector and will just drain water into the connector. I will look at some similar method of protection.

ADU UR quattro 17th April 2012 04:36 PM

Update on my headlight issue. The link-arm from the front level sensor had detached from the ball joint attached it back on, cleared fault codes. Checked sensors are within tolerance by jacking up the car from the front and back, and watching the voltages change,but yellow headlight symbol still on in the DIS. re-scanned with vagcom. now Error 01539 says headlights Not adjusted(I now know the sensors are working). Anybody know how to adjust the headlights.

TIA.

ADU UR quattro 19th April 2012 06:54 PM

All Sorted Now.it turns out I was being a NUMPTY , I recoded it to the wrong setting. +++

David's8 10th June 2012 01:00 PM

I have now (after a long wait replaced the faulty sensor with (I hope) a working part from Goglawrie's scrapper. The DIS light still remains on. Does that have to be re-set using VCDS or should it be self re-setting? (which would mean that the replacement is duff too!)

HPsauce 10th June 2012 01:21 PM

Most faults stay until cleared so, without knowing the specifics of that area, chances are you will need to clear it with software.

That's why in many (non-critical) cases the first thing you do is clear the fault and wait to see if/when it reappears.

goglawrie 10th June 2012 03:37 PM

sensors

hi the headlights sensors were working on the car before i scraped it even the bracket was broken so i think need to clear fault codes

David's8 10th June 2012 04:20 PM

Thanks for that. I am sure it will clear the next time I get to scan and clear it.

47p2 10th June 2012 07:24 PM

Vag-Com available in the Glasgow area for £50.00 +++

PsYcHe 10th June 2012 09:11 PM

Special offer... £49.95, have 2 scans get 1 half-price (sure that'll appeal to the 'Northern' contingent).. Could possibly even supply a voucher :)

briang9 10th June 2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsYcHe (Post 41800)
Special offer... £49.95, have 2 scans get 1 half-price (sure that'll appeal to the 'Northern' contingent).. Could possibly even supply a voucher :)

someone mention Voucher??