A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Owners Meets (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=73)
-   -   A8 & S8 Xmas Meet 2015 - lets hear your views please (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10884)

Architex_mA8tey 29th November 2015 02:39 PM

A8 & S8 Xmas Meet 2015 - lets hear your views please

Hi all

I'd like to organise another xmas/new year meet as we have done in the past few years - so the questions I have for you all is -

- Who is interested in coming along?
- Date wise is Sunday 27thDec best or perhaps the monday/tues/weds 28th/29th/30th?
- How far can you travel? we have previously held it in stoke on trent and also down at the leopard inn near leamington spa
- Has anyone got any suggestions as to where to meet bearing in mind its a social we want to meet up with as many owners as we can!

Views & replies back on this thread asap please as I need to arrange things and book anywhere to eat

Thanks all! +++

tintin 29th November 2015 03:34 PM

I'd love to, but won't be able to this year, but I'm looking forward to the pics already +++

HPsauce 29th November 2015 03:37 PM

Hi Neil,
For me/us 27th is out as we will have family around and Monday 28th is probably the same as not all will have left. So Tue/Wed are best.

The Leopard is a decent run up the M40 for us, Stoke would probably be too far.

But everyone will have different constraints of course and the weather on the day will no doubt be a factor. :cool:
(I remember standing in freezing rain outside The Leopard a few years back :-( )

tc4332 29th November 2015 04:54 PM

Ve Haf Vays ov making you attend.
Seriously I am up for it, especially if not too far to travel. The Xmas meet last year was manageable, but personally Stoke would be better. I will try and not be selfish, wherever is decided I will do my utmost to attend.

oldnick 29th November 2015 06:00 PM

would love to come and meet some of the contributors to this forum ,especially it is clear that I am not the only BOF here !

but as it is already a thousand Km to get me to southampton it really is too much of a stretch for my old bones

it may be a little early but joyeaux noel et bonne annee to all

tc4332 29th November 2015 06:53 PM

In my case when they call me BOF they mean "Boring Old Fahrt".
In your case "Brave Original Frenchtraveller"? :love:

oldnick 30th November 2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tc4332 (Post 103166)
In my case when they call me BOF they mean "Boring Old Fahrt".
In your case "Brave Original Frenchtraveller"? :love:

the first I fear ......I know you are behind me but only just so still qualify
+++

tc4332 30th November 2015 06:27 PM

Is that "behind me" in years?
My DOB 13/11/1939

Architex_mA8tey 30th November 2015 09:18 PM

Come on all, this post has had 105 views and only about 3 comments from people letting me know what you'd like to or are able to do. If people don't want a Xmas meet then carry on with the silence! I can't believe that 105 people have viewed it and so far only 2'or 3'people have shown any interest in coming along! :Confused:

Norretal 30th November 2015 09:23 PM

I can't commit to anything Neil, I'm away on holiday for New Year so will be leaving home on the 29th.

I'm looking forward to the annual meet though, hopefully I'll be in employment by then and able to enjoy the trip fully +++