A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Moving on / Tesla/ 2005 A8 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16867)

ulfilias 14th December 2022 03:15 PM

Moving on / Tesla/ 2005 A8

Hi There,

After a D2 FL S8, D2 PF S8 & 2005 D3 A8 4.2 V8 sport, my time with the 8s is on it's way out. I put a deposit down on a 2017 Model S 100D with 85k at the weekend.

To be honest, i've been lusting after a Model S for a long while and I'm pretty certain it will be a phenomenal car. It's at least 3x what i've ever paid for a car before, so it damn well should be :D

Obviously I asked about trade in value on the A8 and it just wasn't worth it. Given 210k on the clock, 2005 PF and I said poor condition, the PC spat out £600!!!

That probably doesn't include a few scratches, dents, different colour front bumper and the unattached inner wings and under tray....Or on the flip, the upgraded parking module, alternative music/car interface and LPG system

Quite WHAT i do with it.....I'm not so sure. Short term the tax runs out December and adding it to my multicar policy is only ~£50 a month, so certainly i'll keep it as a back-up this month!

I may sorn it and park it up at work in the short term, the danger is I'll end up keeping it and i *REALLY* don't need another car (Should also get rid of the Smart and maybe RX8 i've been hoarding)

All in the 8's have done me proud, stunningly comfortable and amazingly quick for their size and frankly amazing second hand values :love:

tintin 15th December 2022 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ulfilias (Post 171381)
Hi There,

After a D2 FL S8, D2 PF S8 & 2005 D3 A8 4.2 V8 sport, my time with the 8s is on it's way out. I put a deposit down on a 2017 Model S 100D with 85k at the weekend.

To be honest, i've been lusting after a Model S for a long while and I'm pretty certain it will be a phenomenal car. It's at least 3x what i've ever paid for a car before, so it damn well should be :D

Obviously I asked about trade in value on the A8 and it just wasn't worth it. Given 210k on the clock, 2005 PF and I said poor condition, the PC spat out £600!!!

That probably doesn't include a few scratches, dents, different colour front bumper and the unattached inner wings and under tray....Or on the flip, the upgraded parking module, alternative music/car interface and LPG system

Quite WHAT i do with it.....I'm not so sure. Short term the tax runs out December and adding it to my multicar policy is only ~£50 a month, so certainly i'll keep it as a back-up this month!

I may sorn it and park it up at work in the short term, the danger is I'll end up keeping it and i *REALLY* don't need another car (Should also get rid of the Smart and maybe RX8 i've been hoarding)

All in the 8's have done me proud, stunningly comfortable and amazingly quick for their size and frankly amazing second hand values :love:

Welcome to the Tesla team on here +++ . If you've got any questions on the MS feel free to shout, there's a few of us on here now ;) - and it's a worthy successor to an '8, even though it's totally different.

..and good luck on finding a decent buyer/price for your '8 (or just keep it, like I did, and become a 4 car owner like me - not sensible, but fun! :) )

ulfilias 15th December 2022 01:47 PM

I've all sorts of questions but i'm slowly reading through the manual and i'm sure i'll figure most of it out once i've got the car - Monday is probable

Need to play with charging and get some form of home/wall charger installed. I've got an internal garage in my house (storage) with a small drive way parking spot. Can run a granny lead from the garage through the cat flap in the short term.

The there's supercharging, which I'm expecting paid for as the age is ~ 04/17 and right on the cusp. Also a Tesla Press car (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_VL_76BoC8 - Google on the reg, nowt on carvertcal report!) and they infamously remove Free Supercharging. However it also said no recent supercharging etc. So I may be lucky. Though I don't think it's as big a whoop as the forums would make out either way!

As for the A8 it's a nice, comfort blanket, certainly for the first few weeks as i get the hang of things. I probably will sell later. It's never going to be worth much, I was just stunned at HOW much car for how little money.

Oh and 5 cars. I've also got a '96 Jeep Grand Cherokee which got a Post Apocalyptic paint make over during the lockdown, which is my normal back-up vehicle. I did once get up to 6, that was certainly silly :ROFL: