A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   D3 - Fuel and Exhausts (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   fuel (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12667)

H-M3 7th February 2017 01:16 AM

fuel

I have reading up on this on another site so thought I put it on here too. What fuel does everyone use? I want to know your views on supermarket fuel, as where I live one supermarket diesel is near 10p per litre difference to Shell! opinions please.

Architex_mA8tey 7th February 2017 02:17 AM

I only ever use Shell V-Power unless I'm really stuck then BP Super Unleaded, or anything with higher RON than those like the Esso Station near Castle Combe has or in some Garages on the way to Germany :D

1781cc 7th February 2017 06:06 AM

I generally use BP optimax or Shell V-Power. However, on the track car and occasionally in the S8 I use Tesco Momentum as it has a higher octane rating at 99 and is manufacturer by an external company to their usual 95 fuel. Tuning companies like MRC recommend it above all others for pure performance and is proven on their dynos

HPsauce 7th February 2017 09:21 AM

Shell or Tesco petrol here, don't like BP it doesn't seem to suit the car.

Conquistador 7th February 2017 10:15 AM

Always Tesco 99 personally, seems to perform well, it's my nearest big petrol station and I get the points. Price hovers around £1.15-£1.21/litre here (Essex) while Shell and BP premium are typically over £1.31/litre.

H-M3 7th February 2017 10:53 AM

Keep it coming guys as it interesting to hear what you big boys are using on the V10's! Local Asda diesel £1.16 where as Shell £1.25!
Would ppl use Asda etc?

Delboy 7th February 2017 11:03 AM

I always put v power in the s8 unless I'm stuck and have to put something else in.

However in day to day driving in the S8 I refuse to believe that anyone can tell the difference between v power and regular.

The reason I run it is for the cleaning properties first then for the better mpg and slight power increase last, coz let's face it who drives an S8 flat out day to day apart from Marcin. :ROFL:

As for BP 5th gear did an interesting side by side comparison of top tier fuels.

H-M3 7th February 2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delboy (Post 124034)
I always put v power in the s8 unless I'm stuck and have to put something else in.

However in day to day driving in the S8 I refuse to believe that anyone can tell the difference between v power and regular.

The reason I run it is for the cleaning properties first then for the better mpg and slight power increase last, coz let's face it who drives an S8 flat out day to day apart from Marcin. :ROFL:

As for BP 5th gear did an interesting side by side comparison of top tier fuels.

Lol

barzya8 7th February 2017 02:41 PM

If at all possible I use Tesco Momentum.
Failing that I would use the nearest 98 octane fuel :D

Turbo Tony 7th February 2017 04:33 PM

Shell V-Power only for me - that goes for all my cars.

My cav was really picky with fuel and would only run properly with Shell. I did a few tests and Esso was second best, followed by Texaco (all premium unleaded). It hated BP, so I've avoided them ever since.

I do miss Shell Optimax/V-Power when it was 100+ RON. :(