A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   Daily banter (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   i simply cany get rid of this damm RS6 C7 itch (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16151)

roberto 25th February 2021 10:27 AM

i simply cany get rid of this damm RS6 C7 itch

i dont need one
i just want one

i suppose the cure is just buy one isnt it ?

i had the original C5 it was great
i drove the C6 and it was totally mad

but the C7 just looks much better and that V8 sounds great

any advice or help please !

Adrian E 25th February 2021 11:42 AM

JFDI - if I had the money, I would :D

Ideally the 'Performance' model, but if you fancy a bargain the stock one on 'smaller' 20" rims with air suspension is probably the sweet spot for vfm and blend of performance and comfort. Potentially a few more of the standard model around on the used market that aren't fixed standard spec. Finding one with radar cruise etc is pretty much impossible.

I saw a new RS6 recently (70 plate) and my god is it huge! The arches are comically wide and it is in no way subtle. C7 just looks 'right' to me

paulrstaylor 25th February 2021 12:24 PM

The tax can be all over the place for the C7, pre-facelift has higher emissions - so you won't like the tax, post-facelift pre-2017 is probably the sweet spot (you probably still won't like the tax) and post 2017 is an extra £325 per year until it turns 5, so again you won't like the tax :ROFL:

I've also heard that white ones can rust more :Confused:

But that aside, my views are if you really need to scratch the itch then buy one, and when we are allowed, drive the thing +++

roberto 25th February 2021 02:45 PM

done my tax disc research

2015 on is £330 = ok

later into 2017 is the dredded £475 for an extra 5 years

i want a 2015 one with 20 inch wheels in Red so it wont show the rust as much LOL

just gotta find the right car with low miles

paulrstaylor 25th February 2021 05:05 PM

Depending on how long you plan on keeping it, a 2017 will be 5 years old next year, so then tax is only £10 a month vs £25 😉

S81 25th February 2021 06:30 PM

I know a rather large chap how had an rs6 ,not sure which version (guessing about 5 years ago ) he bought it new and only kept it about 6 mths as the sides of the seat was constantly cutting into him( he loved the car but wasn't driving it because of the seat issue ) ,he traded it in against a new range rover which then spent as much time in the dealer as it did with him ,

IT 25th February 2021 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto (Post 163431)
i dont need one
i just want one

i suppose the cure is just buy one isnt it ?

i had the original C5 it was great
i drove the C6 and it was totally mad

but the C7 just looks much better and that V8 sounds great

any advice or help please !

So, my two penneth.

The C6 V10 was the peak of the RS6 line. It won every round of top trumps, and sounded gorgeous to boot.

The C7 had 1 single advantage - 6/7 years ago the tech in it wiped the smile off the C6 owners face.

But not now. Now the C7 is old hat. Tiny MMI screen, googlemaps gone and basically the same kit as you can get on a 2.0 Tdi.

Remap it, and you're still losing out. Where the Mighty V10 would push super power, the C7 was always the lesser car.

Its the first real victim of the eco culture of killing off the supercars. It has less cubes, less power, less potential.

The C5 was always a misfit. A giant 4.2 Twin turbo shoehorned into a space never intended for it. They put the battery in the spare wheel well for better weight distribution. Huh, are you kidding ? You ran out of room for it. The C5 was super nose heavy, putting a battery in the boot didn't make up for 8 cylinders, 2 turbos and more radiators that your average premiere inn being shoved under the bonnet.

The C6 was built from the ground up to dominate. Remember all those RS6's for sale with broken engines ? Oh yes, that's right. There aren't any. Its bomb proof. I've never, ever driven a more nimble and capable car. It did things with the laws of physics reserved exclusively for episodes of loony tunes.

The C7 RS6 is about as special as the S6, or the S8, or the A8 or any other car they dropped the same eco lump in with a different map on it.

But the 5.0 Twin turbo V10 ? Nah. That was unique. You open the bonnet on that, and start talking 200 mph top speeds and 1000 bhp capabilities and everyone with anything short of a Veyron walks away. They just lost.

If you really want a good RS, get the C6.

If you want a comfy modernish sports car, save a few bob and get and A8/S6/S7/S8.

If you really want an RS, but don't want to pay Band M tax disc, you're missing the point.... :D

Imo.

roberto 26th February 2021 03:16 AM

Thanx Ian

im going to have to agree about most of that
simply because i rememer the demonstrator V10 C6 i had for the day
i was grinning for a week after

finding a good low-mileage example now to my taste is ni on impossible
ive seen a few saying (its had the all important engine out oil seal done)

= S81 i know what you are saying about large men and seats , im not exactly thin so mmmmmmmm good point =

i dont really want 'POWER' as such as the C6 1000bhp etc
i really like the look of the C7 and im not into the C8 at all especially price wise

if i dont like it i suppose i can sell it again

I FOUND THIS 936 Miles !!!!!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...ew&onesearchad

IT 26th February 2021 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roberto (Post 163472)

OV plate = Audi Uk demo = only 936 miles, every one of them bouncing off the redline going sideways by journalists......

i wouldn't have an 'OV' RS. On other models, you'll get a great spec, but you know the RS was a play thing for many people for an hour or less.

I bet its '1 owner' lol.

roberto 26th February 2021 03:35 AM

i made enquires already
and got the in depth video..i could forward it if i had ur email Ian
the brakes,tyres,drivers seat etc are like new but then so is the rest of it
1 stonechip
and its suposed to be from Audi Heritage (what ever that is)
and definately not been a press car etc (so im told) and why? when the car was launched 2years before

how the hell could i trace where its been in 5+ years and 936 miles
sounds iffy Ian yes , but if not it could be the car for me