A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   For Sale: D2 4.2 S8 (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15527)

ElliottRo 19th February 2020 02:10 PM

For Sale: D2 4.2 S8

6 Attachment(s)
Two owners D2 4.2 S8, 160,407 miles. MOT till 25-OCT-2020.

The good: It has been my daily driver for 19 years. Always professionally maintained. It is still a beautiful drive.

Why am I selling?: I am getting older faster than the car is. I need to own at least one D3 V10 while I can still enjoy driving such a beast. (You might see it lurking behind the D2 in the photos)

The bad: Scratched passenger side rear wing, radio is dead, rear tyres are the only unfixed advisories on the last MOT. Neither external mirror retracts.

The ugly: It is Cat C registered. Insurer wrote it off after a tiny low speed bingle, quoting £5000 repair. I bought the wreck and it was back on the road with £150 of front mudguard and suspension arm from Prestige.

Repair history: I fairly recently (2017) had the wheels powder coated and I changed the mottled windscreen for a much nicer one from Prestige about the same time.
The beast from the East storm awarded me a new boot lid, one of the mirrors and some light panel work. Much longer ago I needed a gearbox rebuild, and a ECU repair after it flooded with aircon condensate.

Price: £1000 to forum readers, as a gesture of thanks to how helpful the forum and its sponsors have been. I know it is silly, but I rather like the idea of it finding a good home.

This does not seem to be going anywhere. I have to be out of the country for 5 weeks starting soon. I would like to hear even vague expressions of interest. It will have to go on e-bay or be scrapped when I get back. Please get in touch.

I'm finally back home. I spent the best part of the £1000 I am asking on another ticket, because I was going nowhere for months on the return half of my first one. So this is now last chance saloon for owning this lovely machine for chump change.

Davey Blueeyes 19th February 2020 02:43 PM

That car needs to stay here. Are you sure you do not want to clock up the 20 years of ownership first??

And I admire your approach to passing it on to a loving home. That car still has much love to give :love:

ElliottRo 19th February 2020 02:53 PM

You are right.

I'll be staying here though. Trying to get my head round the MMI on the D3. And reading the amazing advice on here! don't think Prestige are going to lose a customer!

MikkiJayne 19th February 2020 03:02 PM

A friend has been looking for a PF S8 for a while so I have let him know about this one +++ It does need to stay in the family since there are so few left :)

David's8 19th February 2020 03:55 PM

Just looking "for a friend" eh, MJ. ;)

MikkiJayne 19th February 2020 03:59 PM

tinkering...
tinkering...
cheap D2...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/694f...7567/tenor.gif

:ROFL:

MikkiJayne 20th February 2020 07:22 AM

Ugh. My friend bought a BMW :tuttut:

Davey Blueeyes 20th February 2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikkiJayne (Post 155818)
Ugh. My friend bought a BMW :tuttut:

If ever there was a reason to unfriend someone, it's that!

A bloke up the road was after an S4 Cabriolet for ages, ended up getting a 645ci. Had it 3 months, traded it in for an S4 Cabriolet saying the beemer was the dullest, most boring car he's ever had.

HPsauce 20th February 2020 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey Blueeyes (Post 155821)
If ever there was a reason to unfriend someone, it's that!

You can't really do that to your children though, all 3 of mine have gone to the dark side, though only one runs on Satan's fuel....

Davey Blueeyes 20th February 2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 155822)
You can't really do that to your children though, all 3 of mine have gone to the dark side, though only one runs on Satan's fuel....

I blame the parents! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: