A8 Parts Forum

A8 Parts Forum (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/index.php)
-   For Sale and Wanted - Cars (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Audi S4 Avant 4.2 for sale - 56 plate (https://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=13427)

HPsauce 19th September 2017 03:39 PM

Audi S4 Avant 4.2 for sale - 56 plate

My son is about to replace his S4 Avant and is happy to sell privately if anyone is particularly interested. Outline follows, more details on request:

56 plate, black with silver seats and carbon trim, original owner was a football "personality".
106,000 miles about to be serviced at Audi. Automatic gearbox.
SatNav (RNS-E) dimming mirror and rear privacy glass. Front seats heated.
New Michelin PS4 tyres all round.

I believe he's looking for around £9,000 for a private sale.

Architex_mA8tey 21st September 2017 04:08 PM

Ugh friend of mine has just bought exactly the same! too late I fear for him. . .
Good luck with the sale +++

HPsauce 21st September 2017 05:09 PM

Thanks Neil, but it may not be around for long; he's found a suitable replacement (S6 Avant) and may get it as soon as this Saturday if the AA do their inspection and pass it on Friday.

If that is the timing he'll just trade it in, he's had a "reasonable" offer from the dealer.

HPsauce 22nd September 2017 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 132806)
Thanks Neil, but it may not be around for long; he's found a suitable replacement (S6 Avant) and may get it as soon as this Saturday if the AA do their inspection and pass it on Friday.

Quote:

MASSIVE SPEC Totally Immaculate Car
And what a joke that was! The S6 wasn't even driveable when the AA man arrived. :angry2:
Among other things it had one front tyre worn to the canvas on the inside, though the opposite side wasn't, suggesting serious suspension/geometry issues.
And one entire side of the car had been resprayed, presumably not well enough to not be spotted by the AA inspector!
So, £200 down the pan for a very short inspection. :mad:

My son doesn't have time to name and shame; I'm tempted......

David's8 23rd September 2017 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 132838)
So, £200 down the pan for a very short inspection. :mad:

Or many hundreds saved by avoiding buying a pig in a poke?

HPsauce 23rd September 2017 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David's8 (Post 132842)
Or many hundreds saved by avoiding buying a pig in a poke?

Of course.

Dezzy 24th September 2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 132838)
And what a joke that was! The S6 wasn't even driveable when the AA man arrived. :angry2:
Among other things it had one front tyre worn to the canvas on the inside, though the opposite side wasn't, suggesting serious suspension/geometry issues.
And one entire side of the car had been resprayed, presumably not well enough to not be spotted by the AA inspector!
So, £200 down the pan for a very short inspection. :mad:.....

Isn't that what the inspection is for?

HPsauce 24th September 2017 08:11 AM

Well yes, but when it's described as "Totally Immaculate" you do expect the complete array of tests to be able to be done and for there to be no blatant faults.

I guess "Totally Immaculate" is in the same section of the car dealers lexicon as "Fully Loaded"..... :rolleyes:

Dezzy 25th September 2017 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HPsauce (Post 132876)
Well yes, but when it's described as "Totally Immaculate" you do expect the complete array of tests to be able to be done and for there to be no blatant faults.

I guess "Totally Immaculate" is in the same section of the car dealers lexicon as "Fully Loaded"..... :rolleyes:

Agree, "totally immaculate for year, just a few age related marks, every wheel been kerbed, swerl marks all over it, both keys the other 2 lost, everything works apart from.....,fully loaded with 4x electric windows, cd player, and leather seats, eml on but is not anything wrong, other stuff don't work but it's never bothered me so thats as good as working" 25k ono as it's a one off unloved car that no one wants.

pete-p 25th September 2017 03:17 PM

Sounds like a misrepresentation which would be against the 1967 act of the same. Potentially you could try to claim the £200 back from the dealer if you could be bothered with the hassle involved.

I can see why you feel it's wasted since it sounds like anyone able to see would have spotted the issues so wouldn't have continued to have it inspected unless determined to have that exact car.